Seven Myths about Incapacity Benefit

YakDiver

A very good post by YakDiver, but posted more from the heart than being wholly factual. There will never be a way to stop some people trying to defraud a system, no matter what is tried, also the government will always come out with mythical/magical figures to suit themselves, whenever they drop down in the polls.

It is a very good post Slacklines, and indeed from the heart, but why do you presume that it is not wholly factual? The one doesn't exclude the other.

Which parts are not true?

I see a post from a man who has had enough of the slurs that he has had to endure, and has 'snapped' and decided to tell us 'how it is'.

He has not denied that some people do misuse the system. Any system is ripe for misuse, if someone is clever or determined enough, to do so.

Benefit fraud, immigration etc, are the 'flavour of the month', just as terrorism was a while ago. Soon another topic will emerge to fan the flames of media hysteria. Any topic will do, so long as it stops the populous from questioning other issues.

I applaud YakDiver for having the 'guts' to make such a post. Knowing full well, that there will be a number of posters waiting in the wings, to try and shoot him down.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone replied saying there is a job for everybody

so the man with no arms and legs goes to have a medical and is passed fit for work,

I can't be said the man,

but the DWP doctor said can you press this button with your nose,

yes said the man,

well that's fine all you have to do is find a job were you can just press a button all day

.......another one kicked off incapacity benefit and on to JSA

this is not far from the truth, the main reason for welfare reform is to save money it is not about helping the disabled into work, some of you may not realise that if someone is passed unfit for work we have been told that we will be made to work voluntary a few hours a week at a charity shop... and that is a fact, it will be a form of slavery and if we refused we will have some of our benefit stopped this has been laid down in the welfare reform bill.

The outside company that will do all the medical are being paid only if they remove a person form incapacity benefit and on to JSA, now if that person stays in a job for three years the said company will receive a payment of £62000, I kid you not this is fact, not some dreamed up claim, the way I see it the said doctor will have a quota of claimants per week and will be told that a said percentage has to be removed from that benefit, just the same as you are told how much work you have to do per hour, in the early days it will be like a conveyer belt just to justify the company and also the government and the media will have a field day.

1000000 REMOVED FROM INCAPACITY BENEFIT all were lying cheats and living on your money..............I can see it now.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

While I dont doubt that some exsist,the majority are claiming benifits as there is absolutely no incentive to work while the stupid are prepaired to keep them.

Indeed anyone with a bit savvy and earning under 30k a year is better off not working or at least not working within the system.Then the rest are generaly that **** off with the levels of taxation forced on them that they view the taking of benifits as a bit of payback.

"But tell me what is fulfilling about not working and just waiting for the benefit cheque each week for those who know they are able to work" Try telling them what is so fullfilling about driving a van around to earn your living. When you stop to consider there are single parents out there daft enough to struggle to work and are then forced into supporting these people through taxation you start to realise its long passed time that all benifits were stopped.Just stop benifits and you'll be amazed at the lack of unemployed and sick gits

The world is full of useless gits , does that mean that the capable should be forced to support them . If your so bothered YOU look after them through volantary charity.

The world is full of useless gits , does that mean that the capable should be forced to support them .

Maybe it would better if the government exterminated all disabled people

Oh no someone tried that before if I remembered correctly

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

yoxer, this is the 21st century not the 19th. you will be calling for the return of the workhouse soon, unfortunatly the welfare system has always attracted cheats but that is not the reason to stop it altogether. Who knows you might need it one day, to be honest people like you deserve to need it one day.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

"Maybe it would better if the government exterminated all disabled people"

Maybe we'd all be a lot better off if people took some responcibility for themselves and their actions and lack of them.

"you will be calling for the return of the workhouse soon,"

too right , excellent idea and I can only repeat you'll be amazed at the lack of employed when that happens

"the welfare system has always attracted cheats but that is not the reason to stop it altogether.

It will be when the outgoing payments start to exceed the incoming which shouldnt be too long now. The benifit system is nothing short of a farce now and this welfare state has got this country on its knees. There is no incentive left to work and in honesty working for the national avarage wage has become a mugs game. The welfare state was designed , like it or not , not to look after you from cradle to grave , but to keep the workshy and malligerers from nicking the lead off the more wealthier members of societies roofs etc. The government could not give two stuff about benifit fraud and never will while they can extort whatever increases they wish on an apathic public and why should they , "ohhhhhh another tax rise ,moan moan moan" but pay it they will. The solution is remarkably simple , all thats needed is lower to non exsistant tax on low earners. Now why wouldnt a goverment concerned over benifit fraud etc etc etc do that ?

"Maybe it would better if the government exterminated all disabled people"

Maybe we'd all be a lot better off if people took some responcibility for themselves and their actions and lack of them.

"you will be calling for the return of the workhouse soon,"

too right , excellent idea and I can only repeat you'll be amazed at the lack of employed when that happens

Yoxer i refer you to my last sentence.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Yoxer, you will find in my previous posts that I said that there were cheats on the system (show me a system that there isn't!) but I also stated that the most likely person to "dob them in" will be a person on IB! The reason is that these brainless morons are taking funds that could be used to assist someone who needs assistance and not just too bluddy lazy to find a job!!

If it were in my power to swap jobs with ANY able-bodied person, if they were to have my disabilities, I would willingly do so, and I think I speak for the majority of the disabled!

If someone cannot work for whatever reason, those complaining should be forced to spend 24 hours living with a "disability" (strapped to a wheelchair, arms or legs strapped so as to be immobile, use smoked lens glasses or even better be blindfolded etc.) And I guarantee that they won't complain again!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription