Feedback Please

Ferg

Greetings all been away for a bit (no not like that, i've just got a new computer and had probs getting back on the interweb thingy).

A friend is looking to buy a couple of rods and reels (one feeder and one float) and even though my policy when I offer advise is always buy the best you can afford my local tackle shop has some of these Ron Thompson rods on offer and as offered my mate, through me, both a match rod and a feeder rod, each with reel with pre-loaded line etc for 50 quid.

Has anyone used thes products, They are marketed sometimes as Xensorflex i think.

Appreciate any feedback alternative which may help the site.

I had a Ron Thompson spinning rod once.It was only brought as I didnt have any of mine with me at the time (I was living in France) so I didnt want to spend a great deal on something I allready owned.Much to my suprise it was really good! Only reason I still dont use it was that when I returned to the UK I gave it away to someone who was after a good all round lure rod and I had several.

A friend also had and used an Avon type rod from RT that to seemed ok.He was pleased with it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I have a RT steelhead spinning rod which I have been very impressed with and my mate has a 13-15ft match rod which is beautifully balanced and is brilliant for long trotting.

Just remember that you get what you pay for, and for 50 notes you will be getting a rod and reel for less then most people would spend on a decent reel alone.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I have a spinning rod and an Avon from Ron Thompson. hugely impressed. Unfortunately lacks credibility amongst wearers of 'Trupratt Camo Romper Suits'!!!

I think that sums it up

My brother uses a RT bait rod and spinning rod and they seem pretty nice....definately good value for money.

i use a pair of zensorflex 12" carp rods by ron Thompson both 2.5 tc + a pair of dragon carp gold 12" 2.5 tc

both good rods coupled with 4 Okuma Opti-Drag 50 Baitfeeder Reels 2 loaded with braid and 2 with mono

so all in all ron Thompson rods are OK

look here -------->webtackle this is what i bought not bad for £100. rod holdall is 3 up 3 down plenty of room for brolly and rod pod in it as well

all ron Thompson gear except the alarms and reels.

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif