PISCES expanding!

oddity

Just to let people know, the PISCES fishing group is expanding.

For those who don't know, PISCES is a fishing group for people with mental health problems. We have found that going fishing reduces stress, (Surprise!!) :rolleyes: and relieves tension. We've had one member reducing his medication through fishing with us!

We are shortly going to be opening 2 further branches, one in Wakefield and one in Castleford. For further info, visit our website here.

PISCES has just recieved its first grant, the Country Land and Business association have just given us £500 to continue with our fishing! A big thanks to them!!

This means that we can continue to grow, and we can get some decent equipment. Hopefully this is just the first!

i think this might have been an unwise choice of name as it is also the name for the campaign for the abolition of angling. Not that they are a very big organisation just very noisy. You don't want people to get confused, still good luck with your efforts.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone saw the PISCES report on tv back in July, but the young man who was speaking for us, Mark, passed away recently. He was found at home last weekend.

We don't yet know the cause, or when he died. He will be sadly missed by many. He was aged just 27.

Just to let people know, the PISCES fishing group is expanding.

For those who don't know, PISCES is a fishing group for people with mental health problems. We have found that going fishing reduces stress, (Surprise!!) :rolleyes: and relieves tension. We've had one member reducing his medication through fishing with us!

We are shortly going to be opening 2 further branches, one in Wakefield and one in Castleford. For further info, visit our website here.

thats awesome!, what a great thing your doing. and i think you should keep the name the same, it really wouldnt take much for your name to take the light off of the nutters from bristol and it'l probably prove quite a hinderance to them too........but yeah wikced stuff

I don't know if anyone saw the PISCES report on tv back in July, but the young man who was speaking for us, Mark, passed away recently. He was found at home last weekend.

We don't yet know the cause, or when he died. He will be sadly missed by many. He was aged just 27.

That's terrible news :( Our condolences to Mark's family and friends.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Wether it an unfortunate choice of names or not good luck with the project :D , so many people when they hear 'mental health' problems run a mile :angry: . Having suffered from depression in the past :o I wish there had been something like this had been there for me. Might have got out of if a lot sooner than I did.

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

I think it's a brilliant choice of name. I also know that is an anti-angling group but who, in their right mind, is going to look at both of the PISCES websites and think, "Forget the mentally ill, let's support the antis!". It's an easy choice.

If you actually do a search of the name PISCES, the anti-angling group is listed by the Animal Liberation Front (dangerous fanatic nut-cases) and the Spellbound Psychics. Both are hardly conducive to right-minded thinkers.

It's the WWF name debate again. Who won that debate? The multi-million dollar, widely televised World Wrestling Federation nonsense that claimed to be a serious 'sport or the largely donation funded conservation group, The World Wildlife Fund for nature, who has the admiration of animal supporters all over the world?

Oddly enough, it wasn't the spandex clad, steroid-fed grunters who pretend what they're doing is entertainment.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...