Glorious centrepin reels

tiddlertamer

Can anyone post directions to a site explaining how to use centrepins? Or alternatively note in this thread the essential principles I need to follow.

I fear my first day using one may be a bit fraught. Whilst I guess practice makes perfect, there may be troubles ahead.

(but without the moonlight and music, and love and romance...)

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't let this thread go by without giving these reels showing.

P2290073.jpg

P2290074.jpg

I must say my reel is looking so coooolllllllllllllllllllllll, can't wait to try it out in the morning ;) mind you everyone best have these on B) as that blue is going to be shining well in the sun tomorrow :)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I must say my reel is looking so coooolllllllllllllllllllllll, can't wait to try it out in the morning ;) mind you everyone best have these on B) as that blue is going to be shining well in the sun tomorrow :)

lyn

Hi Lyn, it certainly stands out!

I've put some line on for you as well :thumbs: .

Can anyone post directions to a site explaining how to use centrepins? Or alternatively note in this thread the essential principles I need to follow.

I fear my first day using one may be a bit fraught. Whilst I guess practice makes perfect, there may be troubles ahead.

(but without the moonlight and music, and love and romance...)

The following links will give you some help

http://www.barbel.co.uk/site/articles/pin/...n_bfwstyle2.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/chavender/cen...s/articles.html

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.a...AN=5204&v=1

Hi Lyn, it certainly stands out!

I've put some line on for you as well :thumbs: .

Thanks, I went and got some tonight as well, never mind that can go on my spare spool :)

See you tomorrow, off to bed now.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

If anybody wants to learn how to use a pin PM me and I will set aside some time for you

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Jigotai,Anderoo let me have a look at one of the AN reels yesterday.The photos certainly dont do it justice.I will certainly be interested in one once you have worked out a price!

When I had to sell off my pins (badly needed money for mortgage arears) I was gutted but they were something that I could "live without".I kept my old Leeds as I use this for everything from Carp to Mullet and its been a good work horse despite not being worth much.I had also promised my self an Okuma from the left over cash I raised from my beloved pins.Didnt ever get round to getting the Okuma so the girlfriend has said I can have the AN pin instead!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Try playing a double figure carp with your finger stuck in the spokes instead of using a handle :)

Mat

Even better, big mullet!

No problem :)

(When holding a fish or letting it run, a finger on the spool used as a brake, plus use of the rod controls the fish. You only need to wind when there isn't much resistance, ie the fish is coming towards you, or has given up. Even then the rod is used to move the fish, and the reel to take in the slack line gained. Fingers in the spoke/holes is fine).

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

its nice too see the reels in other colours ,although i firmly believe that spoked reels should be black or natural light gray (alloy) colouring (with the possible excemption too the rule being a burgandyish red colour or racing green)

but modern reel's do look nice in colour's other than black ,nothing bright or gordy though but subtle shades ,and that blue is very nice .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve