Superbowl

Vagabond

Big 49ers fan here so I have kept quite for a while.

A good defense will always snuff out a mobile QB especially if they have great edge rushers and Denver had the best. All happy and smiles when things go right cam but toys and prams spring to mind when they don't :bye2:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I must admit I don't quite get American Football, but then I'm not really that keen on sports that involve balls. Bit like watching watercress grow.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

American Football - simple really.

Two opposing lines of huge, heavily armored men wait for the "go" signal then crash into each other while others, more agile and more lightly armored attempt (depending on which side they are on) to either

a. move a pointy leather ball to their goal or

b. prevent the movement of the ball to the goal.

The two sides frequently switch from "move the ball" to "prevent ball movement" as their main aim.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

American Football - simple really.

Two opposing lines of huge, heavily armored men wait for the "go" signal then crash into each other while others, more agile and more lightly armored attempt (depending on which side they are on) to either

a. move a pointy leather ball to their goal or

b. prevent the movement of the ball to the goal.

The two sides frequently switch from "move the ball" to "prevent ball movement" as their main aim.

Rather go fishin' or spend the time in the garden.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Me too but no need to take up perfectly good daylight for this sort of thing. I record the games I want to watch. Bobbi is not a fan but she goes to bed shortly after midnight and I'm usually up to 3-4 in the morning so I watch after she goes to bed. The only trick is to avoid watching any news coverage until after I've watched the game.

I don't do night fishing sessions these days and there isn't much to see in the garden in winter at night so it works out well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

During my National Service I was stationed about a mile away from a USAF base, and we RAF lads drank in the same pub as them.

Instead of the free fights that the Dismal Jimmies might have predicted (nothing to quarrel over - there were plenty of Waafs and country lasses to go round) we ended up teaching each other our respective football codes. They had floodlights on their gridiron, and I have played under them on a January night,after a skinful taken either side of official closing hours.

IMHO the ultimate in teamwork occurs in American football - when a punt down the field is gathered by one of the backs, and he runs the ball back, with his mates running a defensive screen in front of him, knocking would-be tacklers out of the way. Magic ! ....although it would get one sent off in the English code, which is perhaps why it appeals to me :)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...