2 Days....

Chris Plumb

So little time so much to try and catch but boy am I looking foward to it! Just been to look at the river and it looks in good nick - bit of colour but nothing to worry about. Forecast looks OK - bit wet but at least this wind is diminishing.

Will be up at the crack-o-dawn on the canal after perch then switch to the river for some grayling and perhaps even try for a barbel or two - and that's just tomorrow! Friday will be a concentrated effort for some big roach and/or chub.

Rod's made up in the quiver with Andy's Anglersnet Centrepin ready to make it's debut. Breads mashed. Hemps bubbling away on the stove. Maggots have been riddled and worms checked.

End of season here we come!

:D

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

So little time so much to try and catch but boy am I looking foward to it! Just been to look at the river and it looks in good nick - bit of colour but nothing to worry about. Forecast looks OK - bit wet but at least this wind is diminishing.

Will be up at the crack-o-dawn on the canal after perch then switch to the river for some grayling and perhaps even try for a barbel or two - and that's just tomorrow! Friday will be a concentrated effort for some big roach and/or chub.

Rod's made up in the quiver with Andy's Anglersnet Centrepin ready to make it's debut. Breads mashed. Hemps bubbling away on the stove. Maggots have been riddled and worms checked.

C.

Best of luck for the next few days!

tight lines

C.

Well best of luck.

Its been hard work up here on the Ribble today. I was greeted by lots of cold flood water (42 degrees F.) and had to work hard in a cold wind all afternoon for just one average barbel. Still like you say there's 2 more days to go.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I am off out to the Avon in 30 mins (have to see kids of to school)

Roach, pike and Zander are the target.

Already, lucnch packed, gear in car, new circle hook leaders made up,

Itching to get started

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Very pleasant morning. Started off on the canal and although bites were slow at first I eventually managed to winkle out a 2lb 12oz Perch - which was very pleasing as I want a pic of a big stripey with the Anglersnet Pin which I was using for the first time. Unfortunately a barge came through quite early - and although this 'can' sometimes perk up sport it did the completely opposite so it was off to the river to do some proper trotting. An hour feeding bread to the brownies :wallbash: was followed by a lovely grayling of 1lb 11oz when I switched back to maggot... Then off to the tackle shop to stock up for tomorrow! :rolleyes:

C.

Cracking Perch to pity the weather was not sunny as there colours realy stand out for a photo then big well done sir.

Meeting a few mates on the Thames for a bit of a boat fishing social for Pike/Perch or anything else silly enough to take my lures/livebaits , As they are taking there boats as well we will have a bit of a wager for the biggest fish boated just to add a bit of spice to the day and banter/bragging rites lol.

The Thames is looking in very good nick at Pangbourne with a green tinge and the colour dropping out fast which supprised me but should be good conditions for predators he says hopefully.

Chris is the Kennet up at all as we may try going below Reading but will not bother if the kennet is emptying chocolate coloured water in at Reading .

Good luck tommorrow to whoever is giving it a go steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Chris is the Kennet up at all as we may try going below Reading but will not bother if the kennet is emptying chocolate coloured water in at Reading .

Good luck tommorrow to whoever is giving it a go steve.

I went to have a look at the river at Thatcham on the way home. Quite high with some colour - just enough to be ideal I'd say. I'm on the river ALL day tomorrow. :rolleyes: Don't know what it's like further down - The Enbourne (which joins in at Aldermaston) is sometimes the fly in the ointment as regard putting colour into the Kennet.

C.