Fish N Strips (Fishbites)

Jim Roper

littlefeathers:

Originally posted by pauliepoo's:

one guy did and had his willy attacked. Actually,thats not a bad idea!!!!

----------------------------------------

Posted Image

I think he said his was a Mermaid or something!..can't be too sure now, you know what these Divers are like!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cranfield:

pauliepoo,s, I will pass your pretentious comment on to my friends in the US ,who have used this product.

I,m sure they will be as unimpressed with your response, as I was. :rolleyes:

I think you might have missed my point.The more we bother to educate ourselves the more we realize how much we didn't know and that fact applies to us all. I didn't mean to offend either you or your contribution....any addition to the debate is most welcomed.Check out my findings on UK Anglers on our site and see if you agree, i don't know if the research is correct until we start getting some feedback.

I went out on Sunday night with only fishbites for bait.

Not many bites and all I caught was a small Gurnard.

The bites were all single knocks and then nothing for ages.

Perhaps there was nothing about.

Perhaps the hook lengths, about 9 ins. were a little short for what was about.

Anyway, 6 strips were enough for 5 hours fishing with 2 hooks.

I have to admit to not holding the rod all the time and fell asleep a few times.

Got back to the car at about 1.15 am. About a mile up the road, I notice that the fuel gauge was showing empty. The filler cap was still locked so I thought the guage must have packed up. I stopped at the first filling station and promptly pumped about 4 quids worth of petrol out onto the floor. Some toe rag had put a knife or something through the rubber connection from the filler to the fuel tank.

It's taken till now to find another piece of hose.

Mine was the only car in the park at Abbotsbury that night.

I must have travelled about 8 miles on what was in the fuel line and filter. Dead lucky.

Perhaps I'll try on Saturday next week. There should be more people about. Safety in numbers?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Originally posted by pauliepoo's:

Originally posted by Cranfield:

[qb] pauliepoo,s, I will pass your pretentious comment on to my friends in the US ,who have used this product.

[/QUOT

Funny thing here Cranfield, I have been intouch with the makers of this product about there distributors comments as new comers to anglers net, basicly they are slaging off respected members of AN to sponsor debate about the product and not making any friends in the process, rather the opposite IMHO :P

You may have noticed that I have not named the product, just called it the product, the reason is simple, I will not play there little marketing game on OUR SITE. :cool: :P

Has ANYONE seen any positive contribution from these 2 posers to any other topics on AN? :(

I wonder what goes on on other sites, AN is the No.1 fishing site in the UK so I don't bother too much with other sites.

Another point, I have not seen any postings by these 2 people selling the product on ANMC, not surprising realy as it costs £15.00 to join and helps support this site. :(

Another thing, I have looked at there site and there are only a few sales points on there list, all based in East Anglia :confused:

As for the cost of the product, I am waiting for a reply from the US on my bulk buying and selling from Holland via email order as I do with my disgorgers. I am happy to make 50p a unit profit as I work from home, buy my jiffy bags in bulk and walk to the post office on a daily basis :)

Alan(nl)

sorry, should have put posters not posers, genuine mistake :o

[ 23. September 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Just stumbled onto this thread and it reminded me of a question I have been meaning to post. Have any of you tried fishing with crab/fish sticks, the pink things they sell in supermarkets? I have thought about trying them myself when on trips to the coast.

Oh and another thing, Alans disgorgers are the dogs wotsits!

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Does fishbites work. Well as you know I am involved in the UK company that is marketing the product so obviously I am going to say “Of course it works”. Does fishbites out fish any other bate. “Yes and no” . I was one of the skeptics that would not believe that it would work until I had caught fish on it. As I have a tackle shop in the USA, I am able to fish more than most and in some of the best fishing spots in the world. My local beach is 90 plus miles long and I will fish it three to four times a week. This allows me the opportunity to test a product in different conditions and at different times of the year. My findings after two and a half years of fishing it are as follows.

Summer we have an abundance of fish that will feed mainly by sight and action of the lure, so that is how I fish them.

October to the following April fishbites can come into its own. The preferred bait by most fishermen in this area along the Gulf coast is Shrimp or for larger species cut bait. (A chunk of fish we have caught, mainly Whiting, normally on fishbites.)

I have seen occasions when the fish only want shrimp and the fishbites will not work.

I have seen occasions when the fish only want fishbites and the shrimp will not work.

So back to my original point, we all know that fishbites catches fish.

If you think I would dream of driving a 90 mile beach, or drag my gear a couple of miles over “Shingle Street” beach without a packet in my pocket, you have got to be nuts. I have had many visitors from the UK come to Texas to fish with me as I organize quite a few long casting tournaments in the US. They show the same disbelief when I tell them to use fishbites as bait, I can assure you that once they have used it they are as hooked as the fish. It does work. Regards Nickaway

PS. Alan, I had not noticed that you had not mentioned the name of “the product’ in your posts, however I did notice than in most you mention your disgorger. :D

I can see that some of you are falling out over this subject. I only became aware of the product through this forum and thought I had better look into it. I contacted the UK distributer and mentioned that I had seen people discussing "Free Samples". Without batting an eye lid they posted some out to me. I will be trying it out for some Dabs and Plaice as soon as I can and let you all know how I get on. I do have one question though.

This product is made in the US and there it retails for $6.45 for 15 pieces. Unless the £ has taken a mighty tumble in the last few weeks I reckon that would work out at about £4.50. I know that the distributer needs to make a living and transport costs have to be paid but I cannot see where £12.50 comes in. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Bob

Alan,

I really don't 'get' why you're giving these guys a hard time:

1. 1st I heard about them was when they joined ANMC - spoke to them and they admitted it was because of the excellent tackleshop database. No problem with that - proves it works :)

2. They sent me a small sample and I caught on it. Great - same happened that time you put me on to Mistral, so I was chuffed :)

3. Then Jim Roper posts a thread about them on here. Now, not meaning to sound disrespectful to Jim, but I have him down as the kind that would probably be more likely to be cynical about a bad product than positive about a good one.

4. Davy Holt, whom we all know well, posts a genuine report, as do a couple of others.

5. The UK distributors then post a couple of things and all hell breaks loose.

Of course they haven't got masses of distribution yet - as far as I know, they are a couple of blokes trying to make it on their own. They're certainly not funded by a big, established angling distributor, that's for sure.

Of course people will be cynical - ask my wife what I said when I left on that 'famous' bass trip The words 'snowball' and 'hell' were mentioned :D As has been pointed out, anglers have been caught before.

However, in this case, we have a few regulars on the board saying that they've caught on this bait and the concensus seems to be that some will test it further, some will use it as a back up bait and some will not touch it with a barge pole. Sounds about the same for many boilies and other angling baits.

I'm not going to tell anyone what they can and can't say, within the realms of public decency, but I'd much rather see a debate about the product that some kind of clash of personalities.

How about drawing a line under this post of mine and starting again, everyone?

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ok.. Starting again :D:D

Ok I just have one question now... is there any possibility of a fish flavoured version being made available?????

For me I think I would get far better results with it than I am having with the original flavour as past experience has shown crab baits to be very poor fish catchers in my area.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Nickaway:

Does fishbites work.

PS. Alan, I had not noticed that you had not mentioned the name of “the product’ in your posts, however I did notice than in most you mention your disgorger. :D

That is the problem that we are trying to solve, it is easy for people to PROVE that my disgorgers work and that my clients are happy. I have never named the product (disgorgers) but have put it on AN with the full consent of the MD of AN ie Elton. The name of the product is in my signature.

You might also take into consideration that as my product has been proved to be a good one, it sells itself.

By the way, I am a member of ANMC and for £15.00 that buys you a lot of advertising :P as well as the chance to win loads of goodies :D

Alan(nl)

What you are missing is that I don't need to prove my product, it has been tried and tested for 20+ years. What I would like (amongst others things ) is to give it an unbiased test.

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/