recommendations please

maver_fan

Well before I opened my gob without doing any research, I'd assumed they got there the same way as they got anywhere else. As they're in The UK I just figured, wrongly as it seems that they were spread out all over. Historically, all the UK was joined to mainland Europe and I'd reckon all the Scottish Islands were joined to mainland Scotland. How long have Perch been around? since before the continents split?

When I lost my conkers I was thinking more along the lines of comparing Orkney to Scandinavian countries which do contain Perch and Grayling. I'll keep my gob shut in future. But if anyone else wants to keep digging at me after I've admitted engaging gob before brain, feel free, Broad shoulders and all that. Just keep those Tupp cutters away from me :huh:

I think you've missed taking into account an ice-age that sterilized a large amount of the UK.

Sadly for you i don't think them Tupp cutters look very sterile.

:)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've missed taking into account an ice-age that sterilized a large amount of the UK.

I'll gie them a quick wipe under my oxters ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I didn't think the grayling got as far north as you Sportsman, where do you fish for them? (If you fish for them that is)

I think I missed more than your post #15, I missed the whole page. I feel a bit of a TWAcoffee now. :doh:

The furthest North that I know of Grayling is the Tay / Tummel.

I fish for them in the Isla (a Tay trib.) about an hours drive South of here.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

The furthest North that I know of Grayling is the Tay / Tummel.

I fish for them in the Isla (a Tay trib.) about an hours drive South of here.

Morning Sportsman. I know where the Isla is. When I was a wee wee laddie my dad worked at Rotmell Farm, which is part of Atholl Estates. It's close to Ballinluig, near Pitlochry. My first school was the Royal School of Dunkeld.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

There is another option.

Google Video -> Original Video

Would that be selective sterilisation? It's been said that there's 22 miles of water between the mainland and Orkney. So if Orkney was "sterilised" (perhaps with those Tupp implements :huh: ) and there's no rivers to traverse from the sea how is there any fish population at all? I reckon Corys ferry crossings are looking ever more viable :rolleyes:

Going nowhere fast but I do enjoy a pointless "debate" for want of a better word ;)

Edited by arkay

There is another option.

Google Video -> Original Video

Do Ryanair have flights to Lapland :wub::rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Do Ryanair have flights to Lapland :wub::rolleyes:
Pretty girl, but I don't fancy her oral techniques.

Question for ya Sportsman. Is there much coarse fish at all in Caithness & Sutherland?

Would that be selective sterilisation? It's been said that there's 22 miles of water between the mainland and Orkney. So if Orkney was "sterilised" (perhaps with those Tupp implements :huh: ) and there's no rivers to traverse from the sea how is there any fish population at all? I reckon Corys ferry crossings are looking ever more viable :rolleyes:

Like i said, Ive not been to Orkney, but just because it has no rivers doesn't mean the lochs aren't or haven't been connected to the sea.

Going nowhere fast but I do enjoy a pointless "debate" for want of a better word ;)

I don't think maver fan will think its been a pointless debate, we've probably saved him pointlessly freezing his jewels off.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Like i said, Ive not been to Orkney, but just because it has no rivers doesn't mean the lochs aren't or haven't been connected to the sea.

I think they must be Lutra.

Ive not been there but seem to remeber Salmon fishing in the Orkadien lochs as well from articles in Trout Fisherman? Might be wrong though and dont want to risk a brush with Corys rubber bands!

Or am I confussing Orkneys with Shetlands? No Cory Nooooooo!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!