Fishing Books

Resident Carper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was soooo ****** off about that. i spent 3 hours sitting by the computer trying to make sure of it and then my mate texts me when there is a minute to go and i couldnt get a return bid in.i have been after that book for ages and as you have all said it was a good price. i wasnt intending to sell on either. i hope bloody newcastle miss out on the champuions league now!!!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

Just in case you hadn't noticed it there is another one going here. I had a bid myself but as I've bitten the bullet and ordered myself a BJ Lightweight yesterday I'd better not upset the Missus anymore so I'm dropping out. Looks like he's got quite a high reserve set though. Good luck if you do bid.

Paul

P.S. That Chickendansak who's bidding is the same bloke who won the last one you were going for....Dealer?

Paul

A good (very good :D ) mate of mine had a clearout at home and told me he 'had some carp fishing books and videos' for me. When I called round to collect them, I was amazed to see almost all of the books I'd always wanted to read boxed and waiting for me to give them a new home.

Tiger Bay, Basil's Bush and Fox Pool by Rob Maylin

Redmire Pool by Len Arbery and Kevin Clifford

Ritchie On Carp by Ritchie McDonald

From The Bivvy and To Catch A Carp by Tim Paisley

Savay by er...can't recall, but he writes well

Carp Reflections by Paul Selman

Carp Hunters by loads of top geezers including Yatesy and Hutchie

Carp Fever by Kevin ********

One of Jim Gibbinson's earlier books...I'm at work now and I don't do 'memory' since I turned 40, so I can't recall the title.

Plus pretty much every decent carp video I've ever seen.

I couldn't believe it. I'm an addicted book-type, readaholic bloke and that stately pile of carp literature will occupy me for ages. Just flicking through those tomes brought home the depth of history and heritage we have in this sport. Superb stuff.

Anyway, my mate wouldn't take a penny for those books and vids, but asked me to find out the best way to sell another of his books which is the highly sought after 'Waiting For Waddle' by Phil Thompson.

So, what's the best way to go about that, then, and what price is this book going for? I've heard all sorts of mad prices but I know I can trust you lot to be realistic.

Terry - the human carp library :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.