Two Different Stories

Hi Barry

It is interesting that your perception is that trawlers affect your pleasure more than anything else.

Treat yourself have a read http://www.marinet.org.uk/mad/madbrief.html this was written by anglers new found green friends (LOL LOL) sorry that I did not make it a direct link dont know how to.

Aggregate dredging does not affect you or fellow anglers then, or is it just a case of, I am allright jack quick pull up the bloody ladder

Can not go longlining to many tope they just ruin the bass on the longlines they have teeth you know.

Thinking about asking Mr Shaw to cull them in my area

steve

Evening Steve, my perception of trawlers does not include for affecting my pleasure, don't think i said that anyway. :g: I cannot comment on dredging, i know nothing, honest. :) You do have a bycatch for tope, worth sacrificing a few bass ? The worst case of i'm alright jack was the bass issue for me from other angling areas. I'll Never forget that, fwiw, they are only one of the fish that i target.

ps. i think it will take me a week to read your link, thanks very much

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I'd hear Mr Gathergood reduced to self-pity in the way he has shown in the past few posts.

It might come as a shock for the other anglers on the forum to know that he (and some others of his ilk) is well respected in the area as a 'fisherman' and despite my views and reservations about some unsustainable industrial methods, I'd probably plump for 100 Steves to every one of Stevenson's wreckers. (A few will understand)

I'm sure he takes the rough with the smooth on this forum and still has a sense of humour.

I'd retire gracefully from the melee' if I was Steve.

But Steve is Steve and we all get carried away at times.

His views are respected by those who do more than catch a few mackerel each summer and I have suspicion that he is keen for fishing and angling to be able to co-exist.

That's the nearest you'll get me to compromise.

Unfortunately many other commercial fishermen are in it for money and nothing else and what is becoming clear is that REAL fishermen are as upset with their bigger brethren than they are with CFP, Mr Borg et al.

At this point, I usually retire and think of digging some bait at 7am tomorra and say.....

'dunno'.

:)

I never thought I'd hear Mr Gathergood reduced to self-pity in the way he has shown in the past few posts.

It might come as a shock for the other anglers on the forum to know that he (and some others of his ilk) is well respected in the area as a 'fisherman' and despite my views and reservations about some unsustainable industrial methods, I'd probably plump for 100 Steves to every one of Stevenson's wreckers. (A few will understand)

I'm sure he takes the rough with the smooth on this forum and still has a sense of humour.

I'd retire gracefully from the melee' if I was Steve.

But Steve is Steve and we all get carried away at times.

His views are respected by those who do more than catch a few mackerel each summer and I have suspicion that he is keen for fishing and angling to be able to co-exist.

That's the nearest you'll get me to compromise.

Unfortunately many other commercial fishermen are in it for money and nothing else and what is becoming clear is that REAL fishermen are as upset with their bigger brethren than they are with CFP, Mr Borg et al.

At this point, I usually retire and think of digging some bait at 7am tomorra and say.....

'dunno'.

:)

Hi H

Thanks for the kind words,

You have me at a disadvantage, you seem to know more about me than I do, HA HA HA

I dont do self pity I am allways to happy for that

I think its very important that commercials and anglers co-exist, life is to short, and bad feelings never come to any good.

Defra,Mr Borg, and the CFP have lead us all to where we are now, lifes a bitch, HA HA HA, all we got here is diffferant perceptions based on our own wants and experiances which in turn create loads of brick walls.

Good luck with your baiting digging------ is that enviromentaly frendly, where sunglasses the greens wont see you HA HA HA

steve

Edited by steve good

where (wear?) sunglasses the greens wont see you HA HA HA

They must all be in camou, cos I've yet to see any of them?

Do they have any distinguishing features?

kermit2.jpg

:rolleyes:

just look on page FIVE of this weeks Fishing News

Steve

http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/fishnews.jpg

and I thought it was an april the first spoof. :)

http://www.seafish.org/upload/file/fishing...agic_ship_3.JPG

'commercial fishermen who bear the full brunt of conservation methods.'

Just wondering how many anglers it would take how long to fill one like this?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/fishnews.jpg

and I thought it was an april the first spoof. :)

http://www.seafish.org/upload/file/fishing...agic_ship_3.JPG

'commercial fishermen who bear the full brunt of conservation methods.'

Just wondering how many anglers it would take how long to fill one like this?

The problem is Barry that we don’t know how many anglers there are in the UK and how much they are catching. Some of the estimations I have heard would say that it would take the combined effort of all anglers in the UK anything from a week to a year to fill the vessel you showed. some even estimate that anglers catch a lot more in a season than that and several more like it can Carrey.

On the other hand the commercial sector can tell you exactly what there numbers are (legally) and what they catch.

So if you take that into consideration your first link showing us an article saying “anglers must be licensed” isn’t that surprising.

Regards.

The problem is Barry that we don’t know how many anglers there are in the UK and how much they are catching. Some of the estimations I have heard would say that it would take the combined effort of all anglers in the UK anything from a week to a year to fill the vessel you showed. some even estimate that anglers catch a lot more in a season than that and several more like it can Carrey.

On the other hand the commercial sector can tell you exactly what there numbers are (legally) and what they catch.

So if you take that into consideration your first link showing us an article saying “anglers must be licensed” isn’t that surprising.

Regards.

Hi Challenge.

If the likes of defra consider that anglers are a problem with the stock don't you think that they would be the first to demand the scientists look at the situation. I would welcome a survey, poll of all the anglers who take fish to try and acheive an idea. So until they do i can't imagine that the rsa could have an effect on the stock, compared with the 97% sector of the commercial industry. Thats not taking discard into consideration where before the last lot of quota shareout, the commercials were stating it was significant. Don't you further think that this is where conservation efforts need to be concentrated on. When i have invited comment regarding this sector it is stangely quiet, the split between the over and under tens. 97% to 3%

Can you also imagine a state where the holiday maker once or twice a year family need to pay for a licence and fill out a logbook as to the catch, come to that even the shore angler, don't bare thinking about. Thats what is being asked for.

How can anyone say without this information, that restriction and also a licence is required and that it is discriminatory. Who is to pay for this new level in any event. The rate payers cough up for the commercial sector, should this new level of management come from the same. Might it be a waste of money unless it is proven that it is required.

My total take so far this year is easy to work out, four codling in january.

Edited by barry luxton

Guest challenge
Hi Challenge.

If the likes of defra consider that anglers are a problem with the stock don't you think that they would be the first to demand the scientists look at the situation. I would welcome a survey, poll of all the anglers who take fish to try and acheive an idea. So until they do i can't imagine that the rsa could have an effect on the stock, compared with the 97% sector of the commercial industry. Thats not taking discard into consideration where before the last lot of quota shareout, the commercials were stating it was significant. Don't you further think that this is where conservation efforts need to be concentrated on. When i have invited comment regarding this sector it is stangely quiet, the split between the over and under tens. 97% to 3%

Can you also imagine a state where the holiday maker once or twice a year family need to pay for a licence and fill out a logbook as to the catch, come to that even the shore angler, don't bare thinking about. Thats what is being asked for.

How can anyone say without this information, that restriction and also a licence is required and that it is discriminatory. Who is to pay for this new level in any event. The rate payers cough up for the commercial sector, should this new level of management come from the same. Might it be a waste of money unless it is proven that it is required.

My total take so far this year is easy to work out, four codling in january.

Barry.

What I was trying to say was that I didn’t find comments like “anglers need licensing”

(Coming from the commercial sector) surprising.

The commercial sector could say that your example of 4 fish in January x 1.5 million anglers spells a lot of unaccountable fish? And I am sure that commercial opinion on that figure will grow as the fishing improves?

Regards.

CEFAS predicted that 95% of the good breeding year of cod, which we saw fleetingly along the S Coast last autumn, would be caught before they had a chance to spawn.

Let's look on the bright side .... anglers can fish without account for the 5% survivors!

Now what's that? 5% remaining divided by an estimated 2 million sea anglers, 95% of whom will never see a live cod?

trawlpic6edit.jpg

<_<

CEFAS predicted that 95% of the good breeding year of cod, which we saw fleetingly along the S Coast last autumn, would be caught before they had a chance to spawn.

Let's look on the bright side .... anglers can fish without account for the 5% survivors!

Now what's that? 5% remaining divided by an estimated 2 million sea anglers, 95% of whom will never see a live cod?

Very good point H A that puts the acountability of the rsa into perspective. Within the 5% is the anglers take and the breeding stock. The rsa must return a few to give them a chance i imagine.

So we could dismiss the statement of '....the 400,000 (cod and bass) rsa, catch unrestricted and unaccountable enormous amount of fish that goes unaccounted' as pubtalk then, or insignificant by comparison of the 97% sector.

Based on what you have posted H A it also shoots a hole in the article where it implys that the rsa are complicit in the demise of the cod recovery plan as well.

Edited by barry luxton