Big bream

Anderoo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not familiar with a lot of waters in your area Lutra.Are they very rich or generally quite hungry?

As I'm sure you know we have a good number of lakes and lochs that are deep dark barren holes, but its not all like that Budgie. We even have 1 or 2 gravel pits with lots of gravel bars, food and a few 15lb+ bream in them. :D

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

From my own experience with good sized shoal bream i would think if you can catch with trout pellet you will do better with some good fishmeal boillies.

I always thought fishmeal based baits where a favourite of bream. I know quite a few Ireland bream fishing pilgrimes and they swear by them...........amongst everything else that is lol.

It seems that both the pellet/fishmeal and the super-sweet routes both work equally well, as long as they're baited up carefully.

I'm going to try to avoid the tench this year, it's going to be bream or bust! It's a long shot, but there's a slim chance of catching a record and that doesn't happen very often.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It seems that both the pellet/fishmeal and the super-sweet routes both work equally well, as long as they're baited up carefully.

I'm going to try to avoid the tench this year, it's going to be bream or bust! It's a long shot, but there's a slim chance of catching a record and that doesn't happen very often.

Trouble is old Tincas like those baits also.

I always thought fishmeal based baits where a favourite of bream. I know quite a few Ireland bream fishing pilgrimes and they swear by them...........amongst everything else that is lol.

Am I explaining things wrong or cant people differentiate between bream/bream waters and the topic I thought we were discussing ie freak bream and the waters that contain them?

Please excuse me comming over short but it just muddies the waters (no pun intended!)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Am I explaining things wrong or cant people differentiate between bream/bream waters and the topic I thought we were discussing ie freak bream and the waters that contain them?

Please excuse me comming over short but it just muddies the waters (no pun intended!)

I don't know what you mean Budgie, I meant any bream waters. I've always thought fishmeal baits are a favourite bait for any size of bream in all waters.

Sorry tiger it wasnt meant as a direct dig at you! I agree that fishmeal based boillies/pellets/groundbait works very well for bream,Ive caught many many bream my self on such tactics ............but not on any of the very food rich waters Ive fished for bream that regularly go over 15lb. Why I can only guess and any theories I come up with are just that ie theories so may be wrong but the fact that this is the case is a fact born out by practical experience.

I get frustrated as its most likely my inability to explain myself clearlyt that causes the confussion but I also feel that sometimes people cant/arnt prepared to think beyond heir own experiences! Im quite prepred to take people to waters so they can actually experience he same things I have in order to "prove" my point...but I dont think that some want to!

Like I said it a shame as it does cause confussion.Also stops me wanting to debate certain things. Im certainly not always righ and still dont understand many things.Its why I do discuss such subjects in the hope that people either have answers or can supply new food for thought but constantly repeating the same things just seems pointless.And causes good stuff to be hidden /missed.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Quite agree budgie.

I write regularly on 3 forums that are subsciption based regarding my proffession. These are meant to be guys at the top of our proffesion but I regularly have to correct, repost and generally talk them through what I think are simple posts.They either don,t read carefully or as you say are just so intent on getting there own point of view over.

I think you describe what you want to say perfectly well.

Long threads like this do tend to wander however and there are members of all forums whatever the subject that will post meaningless replies.

Having said that most members here are pretty good and some very good.

I hope you don,t hold back on subjects as a major part of my fishing is widening the outlook I have. Most anglers that you can put a hat on i.e. match, carp, pike etc would benefit from a wider thought pattern. Something I and a couple of friends do a lot.

best regards

john

No, I think you've explained it very clearly several times! I also think John is right, it could be that the topic is just getting too big. It would be a shame to close it and start another though, because there's some really excellent stuff here and I feel that there's an awful lot left to figure out.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music