how many of you are from NE Scotland (do you fancy a boat hire)

arthurcodsbody

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we say wednesday then Jaffa I know you've said you'd need a bit of notice.

Need to find best spots and times to fish the tay as well.

I think its general flattie tactics 2/3 hook flappers worm baits etc etc

I'll have to get that heavy 40lb mainline of the reel and back down to 18lb + shockleader then, I'll give you a ring when i'm home. I could probably pick you up on the way into Dundee Tayport side might be better.

Matt.

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Balmerino?(sp) on the south side fishes not too bad, the advantage on the Dundee side is that it's very easy access.

If the tide is low then the City Quay area is fishable - ( just before the harbour heading east ). Park at the river front and its only about 10ft to the water.

The other area is from the Airport all the way along towards Tesco .

I usually fish at the hamburger shack - the only thing to watch is that there is bladderack at the bottom of the wall so try an get the rig up to the surface early as to clear it.

Mackerel/herring should catch ok - worm baits might take an odd codling ( if there are any about ).

road works at snackbar.

but whoever said they caught salmon was mistaken it was probably a seatrout.

if you check my webpage then you'll see i am down there alot.

i am going thursday but good luck lads.

ps

girl katherine 2 from arbroath is a good boat new skipper a few years back check my website yet again.

tayside house is at the bottom of whitehall street . or shore terrace

[ 02. March 2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: sultzer ]

sultzer:

girl katherine 2 from arbroath is a good boat new skipper a few years back

That'll be the guy that done us proud that day :mad: .....as I said, i will not be back on that boat again, nor will any of the members of our local club. :mad: The previous owner was a dour chap, but he got us fish.... :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I've spoken to a few anglers who've been fishing at the snack bar and several have said that they've hooked something 'big' which took line then snapped off.

OK I'm not saying it's the Kraken but I thought it may have been a salmon or very large sea trout? - the other explanation is that it may have been a seal taking a smaller hooked fish?