I'd do anything

kleinboet

no PC is totally unacceptable any where ,if you used the % of blacks in the country to determine how often they were on telly then you would hardly see them ,would a "balanced" ratio be excepted not a chance it wouldnt be PC.

its a fact that minorities simply can't be arsed to go in the police force so overlooking many whites to employ a minority is distasteful but for the police it makes up a quota determined by the PC brigade

QED It is acceptable to use racist terminoligy, and not adress obvious biased recruitment policies practiced throughout the Cival service throughout the 50s,60s,70s.

keeping in mind that I am against positive discrimination and totaly agianst the willfully stilted view of political correctness that is bandied about so often on here.

Would ghettoisation suit you better?

Can you not see that if change is not precipitated that is what will happen with views polerised to such an extent that a repair will not be possible.

you are at times chesters guilty of oversimplification of complexed issues by using humor :D .

And I am guilty of draging Klienies thread way off course

Sorry mate

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your trying to change the past again ,leave the past alone .

ghettoism is alive and well ,the names changed the houses better but its still out their ,predominately ethnic zones exist here and do with our lot elswhere in the world ,trying to PC everything up only makes things worse .

if asians want to live amoungst asians then let it be so and names never hurt anyone! violence of not excepting those names does ,applied to every colour or race and belive it or not the most racist name callers are the minorities themselves amoungst themselves.

integration comes with all members excepting they maybe reffered to in a different way shrugging their shoulders and ignoring it and getting on with their lives not drawing attention to it and whining ,if a nasty term is used to make another "person" seem belittled and its ignore the value of that word ceases and disapears .

its not just against minorities theres plenty of nasty words to describe "different" parts of our lot ,we rarely whine but except it ,we may not like it but its how things are!

times move on historians look back and learn what we were like ,hopefully all the ethnic strife we have now is gone and everyone lives in peace ,"now" will become back then but we should except that words and actions we may not like in the future were a valid part of everyday life "then".

we should learn from history but if history is PCed up and all the bad bits edited out we learn nothing

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

no PC is totally unacceptable any where ,if you used the % of blacks in the country to determine how often they were on telly then you would hardly see them ,would a "balanced" ratio be excepted not a chance it wouldnt be PC.

Soaps make up most of our TV drama programming these days and given that they're virtually all set in inner cities, I'd have thought it would most likely be the other way round - if they actually were accurate reflections of where they were set, we'd see many more black faces on the telly.

yes if it reflects the place in question i have no bother with it ,works both ways i wouldnt expect a white actor to black up to play a black person in a predominately black series to get a quota or nor would i expect to see a white part deliberately written in to make it correct ,you cant have it weighted to just one group it's not "PC" :D

if it were about a black family in a black area and suddenly a white offspring pops up to balance the books then it would be stupid but strangely the opposite happens.

it used to be "token" black but now its "token" minority ,you see occasional polish plumbers but not all plumbers are polish as seems the norm on telly :D

in the last couple of years our house has been rewired replumbed and double glazing fitted not one person was from a a minority group that did it ,so if a program was based on our house and suddenly everyone in it was a minority (just to balance the books) it would be a travesty of reality,if it were central london then the balance could be more real

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

your trying to change the past again ,leave the past alone .

ghettoism is alive and well ,the names changed the houses better but its still out their ,predominately ethnic zones exist here and do with our lot elswhere in the world ,trying to PC everything up only makes things worse .

if asians want to live amoungst asians then let it be so and names never hurt anyone! violence of not excepting those names does ,applied to every colour or race and belive it or not the most racist name callers are the minorities themselves amoungst themselves.

integration comes with all members excepting they maybe reffered to in a different way shrugging their shoulders and ignoring it and getting on with their lives not drawing attention to it and whining ,if a nasty term is used to make another "person" seem belittled and its ignore the value of that word ceases and disapears .

its not just against minorities theres plenty of nasty words to describe "different" parts of our lot ,we rarely whine but except it ,we may not like it but its how things are!

times move on historians look back and learn what we were like ,hopefully all the ethnic strife we have now is gone and everyone lives in peace ,"now" will become back then but we should except that words and actions we may not like in the future were a valid part of everyday life "then".

we should learn from history but if history is PCed up and all the bad bits edited out we learn nothing

I dont recall ever trying to alter the past and if I have posted something that is untrue or inacurate please show me and I will either appologiese or explain my possition more lucidly, I allso havent dismissed the existance of Ghetto type enclaves within our sociaty,Also I as stated many times I hold no great love of PC exept the parts of it that my Parents taught me namely Mannors!

The notion that name calling is just wind works when trying to calm a bullied child and turning the other cheek is an admarable abillity to have, exept no one should have too should they!.Many unsavoury things Exist in this world And shrugging shoulders and Ignoring them is not the way forward, future Generations build on our foundations situations we are saddled with now are a direct consequence of what went before us.It is us now that determin what we incumber our grandchildren with.Appathy is not a qaulity I want to pass on to future generations.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

no i was a bit naughty but you mentioned the past ,the 50's 60's and 70's were just that you cant blame the past only except it happened good or bad.

as i said times change and learning from the past is good ,PC ing the past as some would have would only let us repeat it again.

and ghettos still exist theres jewish historical ones and historicaly black ones and now the other minorities form them ,by choice mind we form them in spain and its a comfort thing ,eating your own type of food ,speaking in your native tongue and living with those you understand ,its human nature i expect but still ghettos in name.

a fair number "escape" except the differences and fit it with everyone else the rest unfortunately dont and form resentments or become alienated thats when the trouble starts ,an asian shopkeeper (sorry for the typecasting) would probable get the same resentment opening up a shop in a predominately white area just as a white one would starting in an asian one ists not as one sided as its made to appear

Edited by chesters1

Hold up everybody!! Let me try and explain my posting. I enjoy watching this programm as you get those who believe they are right for the part, when nothing could be further than the truth.

Last week the two WHO HAD THE FEWEST VOTES had to do sing of and ALW had to 'save' one.

The two just happened to be coloured, and ALW could only save one!

He came on the programme this week and said he was ticked off as the 'wrong' people were being voted off, I disagreed as I thought he was being racist.

Thats why I posted the topic!

Rabbit - What planet are you on??

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

yes if it reflects the place in question i have no bother with it ,works both ways i wouldnt expect a white actor to black up to play a black person in a predominately black series to get a quota or nor would i expect to see a white part deliberately written in to make it correct ,you cant have it weighted to just one group it's not "PC" :D

if it were about a black family in a black area and suddenly a white offspring pops up to balance the books then it would be stupid but strangely the opposite happens.

it used to be "token" black but now its "token" minority ,you see occasional polish plumbers but not all plumbers are polish as seems the norm on telly :D

in the last couple of years our house has been rewired replumbed and double glazing fitted not one person was from a a minority group that did it ,so if a program was based on our house and suddenly everyone in it was a minority (just to balance the books) it would be a travesty of reality,if it were central london then the balance could be more real

I dought not one gardener advertised in the Hebridian Thomson local is a Cornish Gay! although statisticaly with both areas being part of the British Isles one would expect to encounter one. 9 out of ten statistics are not to be trusted.

انا آكل كل الفطائر

i have never met one (i think ,their a little harder to spot) and were far closer :D

Hold up everybody!! Let me try and explain my posting. I enjoy watching this programm as you get those who believe they are right for the part, when nothing could be further than the truth.Last week the two WHO HAD THE FEWEST VOTES had to do sing of and ALW had to 'save' one.The two just happened to be coloured, and ALW could only save one!He came on the programme this week and said he was ticked off as the 'wrong' people were being voted off, I disagreed as I thought he was being racist.Thats why I posted the topic! Rabbit - What planet are you on??
come on Kleini were having fun ,and who's ALW ?

no i was a bit naughty but you mentioned the past ,the 50's 60's and 70's were just that you cant blame the past only except it happened good or bad.

as i said times change and learning from the past is good ,PC ing the past as some would have would only let us repeat it again.

and ghettos still exist theres jewish historical ones and historicaly black ones and now the other minorities form them ,by choice mind we form them in spain and its a comfort thing ,eating your own type of food ,speaking in your native tongue and living with those you understand ,its human nature i expect but still ghettos in name.

a fair number "escape" except the differences and fit it with everyone else the rest unfortunately dont and form resentments or become alienated thats when the trouble starts ,an asian shopkeeper (sorry for the typecasting) would probable get the same resentment opening up a shop in a predominately white area just as a white one would starting in an asian one ists not as one sided as its made to appear

AHH some common ground ( not much just a bit ;) ) you can learn in two ways Chesters from the past (expeariance) or by Extrapolation (sp) Both are valid! Is every thing you have ever learnt been based purley on extrapolation? or do you depend on past expieriance as well?

انا آكل كل الفطائر