World Shore Championships, Chesil

Norm B

:D Hi all, just back from stewarding the World Shore Champs at Chesil. Great result. England Ladies, Team Gold, Individual silver,(after countback)and Individual bronze. England Men, Team Gold, Individual Gold and Silver. Fantastic week, they all worked hard and earned their medals. I'm impressed. Favouites Wales lost out on medals on last day, were in joint silver pos'n with France. Nobody from any of the other angling mags there except Chris Clark for Anglers Mail, he was on organising committee anyway. I expect they'll pick up the pictures from a freelance photographer or Chris, just not on really, they should be supporting the home teams. :mad:

Norman.

If you hadn`t told us you were stewarding. I don`t think many of us would have known they were on? Even some folk in Weymouth didn`t realise when I informed them last week!!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor:

Norman.

If you hadn`t told us you were stewarding. I don`t think many of us would have known they were on? Even some folk in Weymouth didn`t realise when I informed them last week!!

:cool: I know, lack of information was pathetic, as was lack of sponsorship. I got the press release on Saturday before I went on Sunday and it started Monday. Posters were printed locally but I didn't see one anywhere. We were told we'd get waterproof jackets for the parade, we got yellow waistcoats from the Council, sponsored by New Look, smart but not very waterproof, good job I took my own. 105 fished from 12 countries, all European, I think the rest of the world is scared of being beaten by a European. No Brazil or Gibraltar this year either. Good organisation and presentation night though, didn't get to my caravan until 0425. Still tired. :D

Guest gus angus

This is the sort of missed oportunity which plagues our sportThe sport oriented newspapers should be hearlding the acheivments of our lads & lasses and if one or two of the daily's regularly reported the England shore and boat teams progress and acheivements maybe we could get sponsership from sources other than the industries direcrtly involed with angling.

Anybody know a tame sports writer???

Blackvelvet:

very interseting ..do you know any of the names etc..like who the team were..ladies and gents of course...it's just that we have a lady angler who fishes for England up here in the North East. ???

Blackvelvet.

:cool: I believe the lady from the North East was silver medal winner, Pauline Ferry. :D