where are you

ian roby

just a thought

i was just trying to alter my details so people know what area i,.am from when posting etc maybe if everyone did this instead of just a nick name etc it would bring in more people closer to yourselves where you fish etc whats you thoughts on this

also whats an avtar beats me i,ve just uploaded a picture i think to the avtar thingy but wanted to edit the wording first to late now i cant even find it lol

THE PREDATOR

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your avatar right now appears to be a penguin, so if that's the one you just uploaded, it went to the right place.

I'm an old dog :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I don't know about putting my address up for all to see but I agree with the name part. I don't know how many times I've found out I'm talking to the same person on different forums because they have a different name for each one. I like to know who I'm argu.....talking to. I used to be 'Poach' or 'Poachmeister' everywhere which still appears in my signature everywhere but I think I prefer having my own name there for all to see. I don't relate so much to nicknames.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

i would make it mandatory ,when someone asks where good fishing is in their area it would be nice not to type extra asking where their blooming area is first then waiting for a reply :rolleyes:

mine isnt exact farnham is the nearest town so easier to pin down on a map than tilford

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Like Andy

I dont see any point in hiding your identity. If your are on a forum. If you are genuinely putting up posts and replying to others. I know theres a lot of people about who like to have a laugh and a bit of a wind up, But thats part of it aswell and i think you will find most of them use nicknames and there info is usually quiet vague. If i had something to say i would rather people knew who had said it.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Like Andy

I don't see any point in hiding your identity.

Your identity is easily stolen. The more personal info you post on forums or social networking sites, the easier you make it for the potential ID thief who will try to use the information to create bank accounts or acquire credit cards in your name. How many Wayne Bakers are there in Colchester?

https://www.trustedid.com/html/identity_the...esource_013.php

http://elearningtech.blogspot.com/2007/09/...-to-social.html

Don't send anything in an email that you would not send on the back of a postcard.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

it would be nice to know at a glance ,at least what county someone comes from ,then any help given could be that bit more relavent ,not too much of a problem with nicknames or real names as I use a nickname/user name as its not too hide who i am ,its the same one i use on every other forum .some forums do have seperate log in name and real names in profiles as a option .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

That's true Cory but the electoral role is widely available on the internet, so naming yourself on a site along with your area is giving nothing away that isn't already there.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

That's true Cory but the electoral role is widely available on the internet, so naming yourself on a site along with your area is giving nothing away that isn't already there.
I know that, but the more you reveal on line the easier you make it. I've seen some folks put enough detail on sites like Myspace and Facebook for one to open a bank account with credit cards in their name.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I know that, but the more you reveal on line the easier you make it. I've seen some folks put enough detail on sites like Myspace and Facebook for one to open a bank account with credit cards in their name.

Like you sayCory

We all got to be wise these days There might not be many Wayne Bakers in colchester, Theres probably more Andy Macfarlanes in Glasgow. But its still isnt enough for them to get your ID.

Edited by wayne baker

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.