Starting them young

AddictedToScopex

I did teach my own children to fish, and all ten grandchildren as well. Two of the grandchilren (both girls) still fish. The real test of angling's future is, do kids go fishing on their own (or with their mates) ? It is a sad reflection on society that it is not considered safe to allow kids to go fishing on their own any more.

A lot of day tickets (and clubs) don't allow unaccompanied under 16's I can only think of one fishery near me that does allow kids to fish alone.

My own boys both enjoyed fishing with dad when they were younger, but seem to have been seduced by the dark side (the Xbox) as they became teenagers. hopefully they'll grow out of the Xbox phase and start enjoying the outdoors again sometime in the future . . . .

Mat

Mat

A lot of day tickets (and clubs) don't allow unaccompanied under 16's I can only think of one fishery near me that does allow kids to fish alone.

My own boys both enjoyed fishing with dad when they were younger, but seem to have been seduced by the dark side (the Xbox) as they became teenagers. hopefully they'll grow out of the Xbox phase and start enjoying the outdoors again sometime in the future . . . .

Mat

Matt,

I myself was like that. I went fishing as a young boy with my dad and then when I grew up I was more into xbox and girls. When I was about 20 though I got back into fishing again and have been for the last 10 years. Sometimes I do stay in for some xbox time with my nephew but more often than not he is asking to go fishing now.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I went fishing accompanied when about seven, but it wasn't until the last two summer holidays of primary school that it really bit. I spent almost every day of those holidays fishing with mates.

All,

I think every story will be unique. I started fishing as a necessity. My "firsts", maybe 4 or 5 as best I can remember were crayfish (boiled in a coffee can). Living on the river (Missouri River) made a huge difference. EDIT: sounds like we were starving - not true - as kids in those days we could be gone from home all day out playing about. The crayfish (crawdads) were lunch.

Addicted, She need a smaller reel, do you have one?

Phone

Edited by Phone

She was just posing for a picture there Phone. She isn't really able to fish properly yet so she just came to sit with me for a while.

I took my nephew again last night and it resulted in his first ever barbel. He was over the moon with it.

20160814_210553_zpsij9jbm9m.jpg

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk