Mainly for Chesters1 and Bobj

corydoras

A bit all encompassing for me i use (or rather used when i had a car)

http://www.dmap.co.uk/fossils/

We used to go to highcliff a couple of times a year and folkestone ofcourse which is london clay ,only found one sharks tooth at folkestone but highcliff lots as well as fish teeth and backbones

There was an even better site that listed just barton beds but the link doesnt work hundreds of fossils just from one place

I remember staggering up the cliff with 20lb of clay that had one of these in

http://www.dmap.co.uk/fossils/barton/gast/bartgast.htm

Oh its the hippochrenes amplus one ,soft clay so it was coated in 10 coats of pva to seal it (advide from your uni wink)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There is an archaelogy one too chesters but I cant get the bleeding thing to work right now.

When I do I'll add it. It's the one I really had in mind for you when I created the topic.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There is an archaelogy one too chesters but I cant get the bleeding thing to work right now.

When I do I'll add it. It's the one I really had in mind for you when I created the topic.

The magic map i posted elswere is good ,you pick your location and it tells you whats been found there not the exact spot but close enough ,my sons find is about 50 yards out ,they downscale the gps position Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Excellent, cory, many thanks for those. Lots to peruse while The Wet is on...

Those Barton shells, chesters1; they haven't evolved much in the intervening years, as we have loads of those on Australian beaches. Must have been a very stable ocean for them not to evolve.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Mostly a shallow brackish sea back then ,usually things evolve when they have to a crocodile hasnt done much evolving since dinos were about its pretty well perfect for its enviroment same with sharks

We see things looking the same but within a species theres ones that can hang on and reproduce when others cannot if its a long term slow change ,not much good when that shallow sea dried up even evolution cannot put wings or feet onna shelfish in a few hundred years

The teeth are still sharp they havnt moved about much since they were lost ,surprisingly (and not seen in my experience) shark teeth are the commonest fossils a shark loses hundreds in its life

There are though extinct species of crocks in the barton beds so being top of the food chain isnt a garauntee of longevity

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1