TV Licence

Andrew

Yep, its a matter of time before they start hanging people out to dry for illegal dowloads/streaming.

Media providers and ISP's are tight and in the case of Virgin (and soon Amazon), they're the same company so it's not like they don't have vested interests.

In the case of the BBC, despite a chat with one of their people that stopped their inerest for a couple of years, they've started withthe silly letters and thinly veiled threats again with the latest one telling me they've opened an investigation.

Best of luck to them, my TV isn't plugged into an ariel and has never been tuned in and I deleted all things i-player at the end of August.

I don't do dodgy downloads either.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Licence dodgers should be jailed, that way they can watch legally e3678.gife5002893.gif

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

you dony think the courts will do anything the bbc require?

if a cookie is on your pc then obviously the bbc will know youve been visiting bb c site which is enough to to get more details.i am ofcourse reffering to direct contact with bbc sites rather than via a third party looking at someone elses "contribution"

The cookie wont tell the bbc anything that would say who i am or where i am or have any sort of proof if i pay a license or not and the bbc certainly are not allowed physical access to my computer to check cookies on a whim.

They could save an ip address and general location in the cookie but they would, like i said before, still have to go through the courts to find out who the ip address belongs to. Theres really no need.to store that info in a cookie tbh its logged serverside not client side.

They wont be using cookies as a way to catch non license payers. They send round capita bullies instead.

If your really paranoid about it disable cookies :thumbs:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

before i posted i downloaded the latest kodi and installed it on my tablet (the box is in disgrace in the loft) but even v17 is the same its empty and you choose things to install out of the 3 i have installed none work either my internet is slow which is probably the reason it thinks the server isnt responding or the channel doesnt actually exist but why is it there to choose?

unlike the past age has made me lazy and short attention span so better still a site with prefilled kodi would be lovely ,its also a bugger to use on a tablet (the remote control on the box or mini keyboard was bad enough they were swiftly chucked across the room) i may just give in and make shadow pictures on the wall

unfortunately both the tv and dvd player only have a set of pre installed apps so kodi cannot be installed on them hense i bought a android tv box

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The cookie wont tell the bbc anything that would say who i am or where i am or have any sort of proof if i pay a license or not and the bbc certainly are not allowed physical access to my computer to check cookies on a whim.

They could save an ip address and general location in the cookie but they would, like i said before, still have to go through the courts to find out who the ip address belongs to. Theres really no need.to store that info in a cookie tbh its logged serverside not client side.

They wont be using cookies as a way to catch non license payers. They send round capita bullies instead.

If your really paranoid about it disable cookies :thumbs:

unlike the past i cannot visit our prisons because i rebel against authority anymore so i have a licence as the mrs would probably starve to death if i couldnt drag a full shopping trolley home or the courts started removing here benefits that pay for the food within it lol

believe me 28 days for contempt of court was my two f ingers up to these power loving bastards in the past even bolshy chesters1 has to conform when its not just him involved lol

are you sure why ask if someone has a licence on the sites if they cannot determine if you are telling the truth? they can already snoop using terrorism laws (thanks labourl) and with RIPA the skies the limit

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I dont know how the site handles things ive never looked. Are you saying it asks you to confirm you have a license before it shows content without you needing to prove proof that you do ?

If thats the case the site is not doing any fact checking and monitoring. It probably stores a line in the cookie (licensepayer= true) purely for the purpose of not asking you again on the next visit.

before i posted i downloaded the latest kodi and installed it on my tablet (the box is in disgrace in the loft) but even v17 is the same its empty and you choose things to install out of the 3 i have installed none work either my internet is slow which is probably the reason it thinks the server isnt responding or the channel doesnt actually exist but why is it there to choose?

unlike the past age has made me lazy and short attention span so better still a site with prefilled kodi would be lovely ,its also a bugger to use on a tablet (the remote control on the box or mini keyboard was bad enough they were swiftly chucked across the room) i may just give in and make shadow pictures on the wall

unfortunately both the tv and dvd player only have a set of pre installed apps so kodi cannot be installed on them hense i bought a android tv box

what do you mean why is it there ti choose. Do you mean plugins ?

Kodi is a media player. It works as a media player out the box theres no need to do anything with it to get it working. Plugins aint limited to just illegal streaming plugins (which you need to add from 3rd party providers not kodi)

theres loads of plugins created by their community that are perfectly legal that extends the functionality.of kodi such as some obscure video file format, audio equalizers, youtube, twitch streaming, netflix (with proper user authentication unlike bbc) even iplayer, stv, itv, all4. Even add epg functionality through a plugin. The skys the limit to what type of plugins you can make for kodi but you dont need plugins for what it actually is. You wont find illegal.streaming.plugins on the kodi website they sre quite against it actually.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

not sure i said ilegal one i chose the family channel and episode hunter plus another as kodi is so complicated i removed where they hide and cannot find where that was!

immediatly i turn kodi i get a error with episode hunter and when i eventually find where the family channel is it gives an error the thing isnt available.

if its just a media player its nothing like VLC lol

i added the two channels from within kodi i went nowhere else

the windows version is different from the android version but i havnt seen this version on the android box

bye the bye another not so convoluted app is the filmon one lots of free plus you can pay for the others

Edited by chesters1

I have uninstalled it on the windows tablet it just doesnt work without a mouse and theres no back arrow lol

because that would be quite illegal and if caught its not going to be as easy as closing the door on a bbc henchman. I wouldnt publicise the fact your nicking premium channels for free :thumbs:

I looked into this before buying the device, It's not quite as straightforward as you suggest. I'm viewing copyrighted material, I'm not copying it, broadcasting or making it available for others;

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/photo-video/is-kodi-legal-streaming-movies-tv-3640854/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-boxes-legal-uk-how-9787919

It's never a 'six', let's put it back