Fishing larger waters. Stick or twist?

Before the close season was abolished on still waters i remember a few commercials near where i lived used to be fished. The owners called them any method trout fisheries,but to my knowledge non of them had ever produced a rod caught trout to any one. I doubt if they actually had a single trout amongst them. On this basis could you say your any method trout fishing on any river?

Several places I knew used that ruse - basically a lorry load of farmed rainbows went in on the 14th, and were all caught within a week. One of the reservoirs was properly stocked with them for the duration, though. As kids, we enjoyed it, float fishing maggots for stupid rainbows, but a bit on the easy side...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, you're not making any effort to cover your stupidity, I'll give you that, child. For the rest of you, that's my final word, I have no intention of submitting everyone else to a childish name ca

Researchers in various countries studying tench using electronic tracking devices found that in daytime they are sedentary and favoured weedy areas particularly rushes and lily pads. They migrate in w

There are plenty of ways of bunging feathered lures (euphemistically called "flies") a fair distance   Fixed spool reel and bubble float used to be common on Scottish lochs   Four ounce weight, be