Rod tubes for big butts

4" pvc pipe, I have 3. They are sealed at one end and screw top at t'other, all 6'6'' long. get them from plumbers.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

16 hours ago, Bobj said:

4" pvc pipe, I have 3. They are sealed at one end and screw top at t'other, all 6'6'' long. get them from plumbers.

I like that idea. I’ll have a look. Thanks 

• Like 1
On 3/10/2021 at 10:43 AM, bloxbit said:

I like that idea. I’ll have a look. Thanks 

Welcome to the Forum Bud'. Loads of great advice on here. Tubes are a good idea but I've never had any trouble having rods just in the supplied Rod bag in a good Holdall. This one below looks the same as mine. Tubes (especially drain pipe adds extra weight to carry)

I only keep my Poles & top kits in tubes (thin poly') - mainly because they came with them.

https://www.drennantackle.com/products/luggage/drennan-luggage/4-6-tube-full-zip-rod-holdall/

Being a small guy, I use the carrying handles as a shoulder strap, the shoulder strap is a bit much for me & bag drags on the ground.

Brolly & Bank sticks etc fit in the 2nd pouch.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thanks. I have a rod hold-all as it is, and the rod I bought has single-leg eyes and cost £400. I’d fly it by Learjet if I could! I think I’m going to try the pvc idea.

3 hours ago, bloxbit said:

Thanks. I have a rod hold-all as it is, and the rod I bought has single-leg eyes and cost £400. I’d fly it by Learjet if I could! I think I’m going to try the pvc idea.

If you get pvc tubes, a little piece of soft foam rubber fitted snugly into the screw top will save the end eyelet(s) from getting damaged if the tube is upturned.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 4 weeks later...

Read the caption and thought "Why doesn't he sit sideways on his bed-chair like other carp-fishers ?"

I'll get me coat...

• Haha 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...