Get ready for cold winters

chesters1

Natural gas has no problems exploding

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You have never played with hydrogen.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

12 hours ago, corydoras said:

You have never played with hydrogen.

Fun but ignite it along with the oxygen you just made making it 🤭

Hydrogen just burns in air , adding 100% oxygen makes it more fun

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Looks like the boiler makers are expecting hydrogen ,they have "hydrogen ready" boilers in view ,it uses natural gas but are easily converted to use hydrogen

https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/hydrogen

And your old country is already experimenting

https://www.igem.org.uk/news-and-publications/industry-news/scottish-homes-to-be-first-in-world-to-use-100-green-hydrogen/

17 million houses cannot use heatpumps ,more wont be able to install larger radiators due to house design (ours included) your underfloor heating will have to be ripped up to double the pipework or your system will have to use more electric to work as well as the gas one .Unless we all move into specifically  heat pumped designed new builds heat pumps are no good.

Using the existing electric system we have now you wont be thinking about heat or eat you will be cold at night in a harsh winter if you buy what will be a mandatory electric vehicle you won't have the power for both

Edited by chesters1

I'll believe it when I see it. The current gas mains will not hold hydrogen.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I expect just pre north sea gas they said the same. There used to be gasholders everywhere whos to say similar cannot house a supply of hydrogen so its pumped over a much shorter distance than the thousands of miles the gas system uses at the moment . if hydrogen isnt on the horizon why are they spending money designing hydrogen ready ones ?

Town gas used to be made in most towns in coking plants ,perhaps methane plants can do the same .Not sure where the cut off point would be for each town there was no gas in our old house despite a 15" main line just a field away .If hydrogen cannot be pumped long distance  pump it lots of short distances .They have lots of time to sort it out once the government realise what they propose isnt feasible and panic and throw money at it .If theres 25 million houses in england and half cannot use the system then its flawed thinking .

Only 38% of gas central heated houses have hot water tanks and the government know it they did the research in 2014 and combi boilers have risen in popularity since

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/539570/Energy_report.pdf

No tanky no pumpy

Edited by chesters1

There is NOTHING to gain from hydrogen.

Thats a bit elementist 🤔

Germany disagrees

https://www.wfw.com/articles/the-german-hydrogen-strategy/

Mix hydrogen with nitrous oxide ,you can have a laugh if you get a gas leak and flick a switch ,best to die laughing IMO

I am sure some bright spark🤭 will come up with a carrier for hydrogen so it can utilise the pre existing gas system ,ammonia ? Handy for degreasing the oven as you cook ,see theres those silver linings

Edited by chesters1