Fishing chair

The Flying Tench

My trusty fishing chair was bought very cheaply at a garden centre. It's bright blue, which I hope doesn't scare the fish, but it's light to carry and generally suits me well.  Except, just occasionally, I fish somewhere where the bank is uneven and I wish I could adjust the legs. And I wish it was slightly higher for float fishing. I'd always assumed until recently that the kind of chairs you can buy specifically for fishing were very low and laid back with carpers in mind. But a bit of judicious surfing the web reveals that you can get a more sit-up kind of chair with adjustable legs for about £100, much more than my existing chair, though could be worth it. So I'd like to try it out, I mean just sit in one for a few seconds, but unfortunately my local fishing shop doesn't have any at present and apparently they are hard to get hold of at the moment.

So I need to make a decision from my desk. Can I ask 2 questions for those who have such chairs. Do you find yours is viable for float fishing including trotting? And, on a flat surface, how much can you raise the chair using the leg adjusters?

Thanks

John

john clarke

Hi John, this is mine & the legs extend independently by about 6 inches.

The Armrests are good because you can gaffer tape an extending bank stick with an angled rod rest to it (and it can stay on & still fold up)

I had mine given by a mate from work (when I worked lol) Yes there are dearer ones out there but this one suits just fine.

What's not to like for £40.

https://nextgenerationtackle.com/xpr-chair/

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

44 minutes ago, The Flying Tench said:

My trusty fishing chair was bought very cheaply at a garden centre. It's bright blue, which I hope doesn't scare the fish, but it's light to carry and generally suits me well.  Except, just occasionally, I fish somewhere where the bank is uneven and I wish I could adjust the legs. And I wish it was slightly higher for float fishing. I'd always assumed until recently that the kind of chairs you can buy specifically for fishing were very low and laid back with carpers in mind. But a bit of judicious surfing the web reveals that you can get a more sit-up kind of chair with adjustable legs for about £100, much more than my existing chair, though could be worth it. So I'd like to try it out, I mean just sit in one for a few seconds, but unfortunately my local fishing shop doesn't have any at present and apparently they are hard to get hold of at the moment.

So I need to make a decision from my desk. Can I ask 2 questions for those who have such chairs. Do you find yours is viable for float fishing including trotting? And, on a flat surface, how much can you raise the chair using the leg adjusters?

Thanks

John

Colours don't spook fish I used to stand next to anglers in a fluorescent yellow jacket and they still caught, one angler even bought one hoping the fish thought it was me lol

Movement spooks if your silhouetted against the sky or if they are subject to a lot of predation  but generally fish ignore most things they need to eat to live !

I just used one of those garden chairs that reclined i had a fox one but never used it as it didnt fold flat and weighed a ton i didnt need its adjustable legs i only fished one swim and i constructed it to my liking  lol

You fish rivers where swims may not be constructed flat ,in that case i would nust sit on my unhooking mat or box and hope i didnt slide away into the water ,the river i fish now has no swims you just poke the rod out and stand and wait a couple of minutes and wander on

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

in my younger years John, I could stand up, trotting all day with a hollow glass rod & a maggot bag round my neck!!

Trotting from a chair may not be ideal, but one has to make the necessary adjustments as shall we say grow - "More Distinguished".

Edited by Martin56

I always stay seated when trotting because nowadays my balance is not so good, it's more comfortable and there's less chance of sky lining.  I like a fishing seat without arms, my favourite is the Fox Adjusta chair (later version) - they are no longer made so try EBay.

My wife bought me a fishing chair with no armrests a couple of years ago, with attachments etc - It's still in the garage unused!!

Bless her, it's the thought that counts - now't wrong with it - I just prefer Armrests!!

Edited by Martin56