Mojo lost...

Whitty

On March the 18th I had my gall bladder removed(I had two polyps),from around five or six weeks before the op I lost a lot of interest,not in fishing,but motivating myself to go,due to discomfort initially,but now I am finding it hard to get and go,even when often I wake early and intend to go,I end up just sitting here,I go for walks every day,yesterday in that ridiculous heat I was up a ladder cleaning out my gutters,wiping down my soffits,and cleaning the upstairs windows,two weeks before I'd taken my gutters down and cleaned them and a joining union as it was leaking,not bad for nearly 68(couple of weeks),had no trouble motivating myself for that,so why the hell am I not chomping at the bit to go fishing???

Edited by Whitty

Is it the scantily clad young ladies visible from up the ladder?

A mouldy old chub just can't compete.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

7 hours ago, Whitty said:

On March the 18th I had my gall bladder removed(I had two polyps),from around five or six weeks before the op I lost a lot of interest,not in fishing,but motivating myself to go,due to discomfort initially,but now I am finding it hard to get and go,even when often I wake early and intend to go,I end up just sitting here,I go for walks every day,yesterday in that ridiculous heat I was up a ladder cleaning out my gutters,wiping down my soffits,and cleaning the upstairs windows,two weeks before I'd taken my gutters down and cleaned them and a joining union as it was leaking,not bad for nearly 68(couple of weeks),had no trouble motivating myself for that,so why the hell am I not chomping at the bit to go fishing???

Its weird i have lost my urge to fish ,mostly because its the closed season but the "smell" is gone you know that smell of water and earth and misty mornings you had as a youth that drove you all over the place to fish . I still fish but its not catching fish i have never believed fishing needed to result in catching fish they were a bonus in getting away from reality ,if you think about it it is hard to go fishing especially without a car you needed imputus .It just maybe age fishing for 60 years (i am 68 i started at 7 with a picture to prove it🤫) you get spurts and declines in most things .Most of the problem i have is no car ,there is a club pond nearby but not worth joining just for one venue and i am to old to use public transport and unless i starve the day before theres other more serious problems i have recently got ! So now i have just a little river to fish its almost dead unless you like trout so its not 100% me but my general circumstance . You may get the urge back you may find another hobby its how life is 

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Maybe on evenings, do up a few old floats or even make some? I bought some Balsa Dowel, some thin Brass rod & some Aluminium tube from a model shop & had a great time. Makes a change from the Telly & of course makes you wonder how the floats will go.

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

3 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Maybe on evenings, do up a few old floats or even make some? I bought some Balsa Dowel, some thin Brass rod & some Aluminium tube from a model shop & had a great time. Makes a change from the Telly & of course makes you wonder how the floats will go.

3 foot of 1/4" Balsa Dowel should be around 99p 

7 x 1.5 mm dia' x 305 mm long Brass rod is around £6.50

4 x 3 mm dia' x 305 mm long Aluminium tube is £5.25

Makes a lot of floats!! Bit of sandpaper, a Stanley knife & you're away!! 

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Ended up going fishing at 2pm,was going tenching,but as I went past the clubs river car park I saw there was only one car in there,so river it was,5 barbel between 5-8lbs(plus a baby about 12ozs in milt)and 5 nice chub 2-4lbs(plus 3 10-12ozs fish),so happy days,at least I got my string pulled... 

Edited by Whitty
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Whitty said:

Ended up going fishing at 2pm,was going tenching,but as I went past the clubs river car park I saw there was only one car in there,so river it was,5 barbel between 5-8lbs(plus a baby about 12ozs in milt)and 5 nice chub 2-4lbs(plus 3 10-12ozs fish),so happy days,at least I got my string pulled... 

Blimey i had thought you were being naughty but June 16th has come and gone without a murmer i didnt realise at all i must take a wander down the river today to see if a fish has accidentally swam in !

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson