ERRR wow

chesters1

Just bought 2 cases of this stuff

https://www.partridges.co.uk/the-angler-s-finest-relish.html

We have had a china pot with lid for decades we use for loose change from the same company (probably 100 years old?) So always wondered what it tasted like but could never justify buying the tiny amount just to try on a whim

Anyway found some in one of my bargain basement outlets for almost nothing and just tried it ,took a while to get it open (men dont read instructions) and put a teaspoon full into my mouth 🥴 wow it certainly tastes of fish ,mrs hated a minute taste and spat it out but i heroically  scoffed the lot whilst wondering what i could use the tubs for .

Whilst not awful i will have to ration it i can still taste it after a bowl of medicinal icecream ,it will go eventually i hate waste but fun will be had giving the grandkids a teaspoon full 😂

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, *Ant* said:

I've seen that on Discount Dragon. Was tempted to get some to try. 

Just put an order in with them - coffee and some bake in the skillet nonsense that I ordered just for the mini cast iron skillets.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

13 hours ago, *Ant* said:

I've seen that on Discount Dragon. Was tempted to get some to try. 

Its amazing how they get it to taste nothing like you amagine mackeral should taste like ,it would certainly improve a bland fish stew . I was hoping for the mackeral equivilent of tinned tuna  ut its far more processed 🥴

Hmmm is discount dragon part of the harrods group? I said cheap!

https://cheapfood.co.uk/patum-peperium-smoked-mackerel-relish-with-lemon-zest-37g/

Dont look at the BB dates its fine 🤫 Got lots of tea aswell, spent an hour vacuum sealing my booty up for storage ,clod and his rising prices 😉 Theres some catering carrots he could use ,i bought 4 carrot ,4 peas and 4 heinze catering size beans last time now tucked away for when labour get in charge our equivilent of SHTF! i wish i had a basement it would be superb .The discounters are getting expensive to many people have discovered them 🤬

Why carrots you say frozen are just as cheap ,tinned food of any type isnt going to thaw out when labours bosses the unions turn the power off for no other reason than they can 😉

Our gas fridges will keep stuff frozen but veg will be discarded and only meat and fish will be kept so tinned veg essential if the frozen stuff thaws out! i still cannot justify a generator and a stockpile of fuel for the few powercuts we get as they rarely last more than a few hours unlike our last place !

For those concerned about food thats passed its BB its mostly fine things like gherkins will be edible but certainly not crispy as they should be ,tinned food is fine any problems is down to storage ,experiance gets me to spray the top and bottom with clear laquer AFTER writing what in the can on the lid ,i leave my outside cupboards open on dry days to get rid of any condensation (it happens even after installing vents on the back) one day a slug obviosly got in late in the year and ate all the paper lables so come spring it was a lucky dip what you were going to find in that shelf . If you open a bad tin you will know but look at the insides if theres any rust chuck it away even a pinprick is dodgy. Modern tins are lined with plastic the old tins used tin so its safer today .Touch wood we have stuff 5 years past BB and its fine some things like pasta will last decades (if stored correctly) .If i was in charge i would make it mandatory to have at least a months worth of food in reserve ,when the country went into isolation we didnt buy anything for two months until online shopping sorted itself out .

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

6 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Its amazing how they get it to taste nothing like you amagine mackeral should taste like ,it would certainly improve a bland fish stew . I was hoping for the mackeral equivilent of tinned tuna  ut its far more processed 🥴

Hmmm is discount dragon part of the harrods group? I said cheap!

https://cheapfood.co.uk/patum-peperium-smoked-mackerel-relish-with-lemon-zest-37g/

Dont look at the BB dates its fine 🤫 Got lots of tea aswell, spent an hour vacuum sealing my booty up for storage ,clod and his rising prices 😉 Theres some catering carrots he could use ,i bought 4 carrot ,4 peas and 4 heinze catering size beans last time now tucked away for when labour get in charge our equivilent of SHTF! i wish i had a basement it would be superb .The discounters are getting expensive to many people have discovered them 🤬

Why carrots you say frozen are just as cheap ,tinned food of any type isnt going to thaw out when labours bosses the unions turn the power off for no other reason than they can 😉

Our gas fridges will keep stuff frozen but veg will be discarded and only meat and fish will be kept so tinned veg essential if the frozen stuff thaws out! i still cannot justify a generator and a stockpile of fuel for the few powercuts we get as they rarely last more than a few hours unlike our last place !

For those concerned about food thats passed its BB its mostly fine things like gherkins will be edible but certainly not crispy as they should be ,tinned food is fine any problems is down to storage ,experiance gets me to spray the top and bottom with clear laquer AFTER writing what in the can on the lid ,i leave my outside cupboards open on dry days to get rid of any condensation (it happens even after installing vents on the back) one day a slug obviosly got in late in the year and ate all the paper lables so come spring it was a lucky dip what you were going to find in that shelf . If you open a bad tin you will know but look at the insides if theres any rust chuck it away even a pinprick is dodgy. Modern tins are lined with plastic the old tins used tin so its safer today .Touch wood we have stuff 5 years past BB and its fine some things like pasta will last decades (if stored correctly) .If i was in charge i would make it mandatory to have at least a months worth of food in reserve ,when the country went into isolation we didnt buy anything for two months until online shopping sorted itself out .

Cheers for the link me old mucka, saved that to my bookmarks. Here's another site you maybe interested in if you don't already know about it. They have some fabulous deals on BB dated stuff every so often. 

https://www.approvedfood.co.uk/?ref=headerlogo

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Yes been a fav for a while ,its steadily grown but so has its prices now in some a penny is a reduction 🤬

Take that.....

https://www.clearancexl.co.uk/epages/es136752.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es136752/Categories/"One Big Shop"

Limited stock but if you do lots of stir fries 😁

I buy a lot of drinks for the grandkids ,i fondly remember my nans green cupboard under her sink with a line of Barrs fizzy drinks ( nothing but cheap orange juice at home if we were lucky) they call my shed the shop it has one side full of drinks ,they ask they get 👍 the link above is limited now but its max weight is great getting a few cases home when they get some in

Edited by chesters1