Cheapie tackle

Posted (edited)

Studio seem to be selling off their fishing gear really cheap if anyone is interested. P&P is quite costly but not so bad if you wanted a couple of cheap rods etc. 

The Shakespeare CONCEPT float and feeder rods look a good bet for £8 and £9 respectively. Tempted myself by the Solitude rods, they look fab value. 

https://www.studio.co.uk/shop/sports-leisure/hobbies-interests/fishing-accessories#dcp=1&dppp=59&OrderBy=price_asc

Edited by *Ant*
  • Like 1

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Some good deals on there.

If the 1.75lb rods were shorter than 12 foot, I'd have had a pair.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

My delivery arrived today. Must say I'm impressed with the 10ft Concept light feeder rod, I'd of been happy paying £70 nevermind the £9 it cost me. Don't really need it, but at that price it would be rude not to. :D

Also picked up the 10 metre pole which comes with a half metre extension, that was £23, silly price for a high modulus carbon pole. Haven't fished with a pole for about 30yrs, but it's nice to have it just incase. 

And picked up the feeder kit for my son which comes with the rod with 3 tips, reel and small tackle box with various bit's of terminal tackle. Looks decent, nice and slim with part cork handle and full carbon blank (tips are probably fibre glass, which is a good thing). Reel seems decent and nice and smooth too. Definitely can't grumble for £14. 

Edited by *Ant*
  • Like 1

I just bit the bullet and ordered the two 1.75 rods, a feeder rod, a huge landing net (required on some local pools that stock cats) and a longer net handle for my usual specimen net.

The whole lot, including postage was £73.

Thanks for the heads-up.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Anyone remember the fishing tackle in the Freemans (and most back then) catalogue ,i bought a sealey blue max (i think that was the name) nice rod l,not the lightest but a well built thing ,i went on to get the blue max2 . It seemed everyone and his dog sold tackle i have a marks and sparks fishing book somewhere but far to expensive to even enter if they sold fishing tackle itself

Some reels on aliexpress look good ,i may invest when my 1970`s stuff wears out

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 minute ago, chesters1 said:

Anyone remember the fishing tackle in the Freemans (and most back then) catalogue ,i bought a sealey blue max (i think that was the name) nice rod l,not the lightest but a well built thing ,i went on to get the blue max2 . It seemed everyone and his dog sold tackle i have a marks and sparks fishing book somewhere but far to expensive to even enter if they sold fishing tackle itself

Yep certainly do but full of ladies in lingerie,☺️ but if you avoided that some great fishing gear. Had a load of stuff incl: Ivan Marks match rod, Mitchell fixed spools etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken L said:

I just bit the bullet and ordered the two 1.75 rods, a feeder rod, a huge landing net (required on some local pools that stock cats) and a longer net handle for my usual specimen net.

The whole lot, including postage was £73.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Please let me know your thoughts on them when you get them Ken. May get myself a couple. 

24 minutes ago, *Ant* said:

Please let me know your thoughts on them when you get them Ken. May get myself a couple. 

Will do - but I doubt they'll stay in stock that long.

I'm thinking barbel and zander, so I won't be able to test them until the season opens.

16 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Will do - but I doubt they'll stay in stock that long.

I'm thinking barbel and zander, so I won't be able to test them until the season opens.

I've just looked and may go for the Challenge XT barbel rod, only £16 and that includes what looks to be a freespool reel. It doesn't mention the test curve but i'd imagine it's a 1.75lb. 

• Like 1