sam-cox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

thats a ideal size for the pot 57cm on the nose, lucky for me cos I caught it this afternoon.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Posted Image

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Quoted by Leon,

"Summer, probably because most are taken at 36 cm now."

As far as I'm awear that is not the case in Yorkshire.

More likley its only the 2002 year class that has spread further north, there just ain't room for them all down here.

I fish to live and live to fish.

2002 is a massive year class, the fish are around 3/4 of a pound now.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Once again rules are being made for political purposes with little joined up thinking. The consequences of a 45cm limit and banning inshore netting on the south coast will be:

1. Discerning dinners want wild bass. The highest demand is for 6-8 and 8-1 kg. These will now be illegal for English landings. The French will still land them. A black market for English caught fish will develop. Can you tell the difference?

2. French pair trawling for breeding mature fish is going to CONTINUE.

3. Inshore fishermen will have no vested interest in the bass nursery areas. As inshore netting is now illegal we might as well net the nursery areas.

4. Those gill-netters who can will turn to trawling inshore waters. Much more damaging to all marine life than netting.

5. Gill-netters who can’t trawl will longline. This method is very effective at catching the larger bass but can catch all sizes.

6. No extra resources for enforcement. The relationship between full time commercial fishermen and enforcement officers will breakdown, as we will be forced to break the rules. The number of part time dole bass anglers has declined because of this co-operation. That decline will reverse.

These proposals will be a disaster for inshore stocks.