Pilchard Oil?

Geoff_Jubb

just a few more trials to do on the oil,if these prove worthwhile and we can get the five ingredients in bulk(which we cannot at the moment)hence it is approx £90 a gallon to produce there are no free samples available as yet.i will give some to macky on tues and if he catches more than one fish i know the oil works.

cheers acko

ps.samples were sent to a few shops all over the country under the name SOAK ITT .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a little info about pilchard oil

We have been going out on my small boat looking for Pollack and Bass - Last few trips have been very quiet so I thought I'd try something a little different.

I took a can of cat food - Took off top and drilled alot of holes in to the can and meat - Filled it up with pilchard oil and attached the can to a crab line and a 6oz lead

Put over the side and dropped to the bottom (about 35ft) and brought it back up about 10ft and drifted -

Result:

Nothing for 30mins but then we caught 4 Gurnard over sandy bottom within the space of 10 mins!!

Never had that many only the odd one in a few months!

All about 2-3lbs.

All returned unharmed but a lovley end to the day.