UK rejects EU Fish Conservation Measures

Leon Roskilly

Mikec:

Leave the sea to who it belongs.

Yes that's what we are trying to do.. it belongs to *everyone* not just some short sighted, blinkered, money grabbing barstoools who think they have the right to wipe it clean of every living creature.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikec:

The rest of you take up carp fishing I'm sure it will make you happier. Leave the sea to who it belongs.

The sea belongs to all of us, not just the trawler owners

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

There is a moral case for the sustainable use of the seas and their fish stocks beginning to develop.

We have to leave something for the future and the future means more than the life of the current or any government.

Most sport sea anglers take fish for the table so we are not against killing fish as long as it comes from a sustainable stock.

Mikec, defend your position in a rational way and you will get a fair hearing.

Mikec:

I'm rather disappointed you have taken such a hostile attitude Leon. Perhaps if charter fishing boats have such an influence they can share in the 750 kilo per month cod quota and put back all the rest back. I'm sure their customers being anglers for fun and not pot wouldn't mind.

Surely any 'commercially registered/licensed' charter boat is governed by quotas?

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Guest jay_con

Sorry squiggel your wrong the sea is mine all mine.

Ive just bought my young lad his first beach rod and reel, headlamp and lots of terminal tackle. Im hoping He will find the same enjoyment in fishing as I do.

At present the amount of junior memebers in our club is rising and im reliably informed this is happening in the fishing clubs all over the north east. We owe it to these youngsters to try and ensure there is fish there for them to catch when we are old and grey.

To mike c The tide is turning matey, perhaps only slowly but it is turning. A lot of us northerners who werent bothered about what was happening in the commercial sector are now taking an interest and trying to do something about it.

Which Port are you based at mike?