Sea Angling mags and photos

Pugs

yes pugs it does p$%s a lot of people off these photos and articles with lots of dead fish in them, i have written to the sea angler editors and they dont even reply.

my wife has been in boat fishing monthly 3 times with roker smoothound(20lb) and bass we return nearly all our fish and get a kick from seeing it swim away its personal choice but the mags do have to sharpen up there act.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wotsinaname:

I only ever photograph a new personnal best. The last pic I took was on sepia.

My Last fish recorded was by oil painting.......... :D:D:D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Uk Pursuits are running a comp at the moment.

If you post a picture in their gallery, you are automatically entered in their competition......easy.

The sea fishing section can be found at

http://www.ukpursuits.com/modules.php?name...e=Sea%20Fishing

interesting thread pugs,

one for the table is fine, to kill anything you won't eat is a waste even if it is a PB.

Like toerag, it concerns me about the number of charters coming over to the CI that kill everything, then bugger off home with a box full of decaying fish. anyone who goes on these trips should definately C&R if they can, and encourage beginners too.

That said, at least the mags do have C&R records sections now, and i understand the NFSA have C&R kits for competitions too, so some progress is being made.

GB

ps - i have also noticed the repeat pictures of local anglers in SA and TSF. their filing must be worse than mine.

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

Kieran?

You just disappeared from my Christmas card list!! :mad:

Let me expand. Big bass have the genes we want in the species. (Any species, come to that) They have grown that size because of their genes and wily habits? To disagree with earlier posters. Most bass over 7lb are females. But I`ve tried to argue this with a marine biologist and he shot me down in flames!! He stated that he`s seen a few double figure males.

If we were to take only big bass (7lb +) for the table. Then eventualy, the bass genes would never expect to grow into a 20lb fish, so the average size would get smaller? I think we should get Leon on this subject. But I`ve followed a link on size captures and the effect on the ensuing fish size. End of story. If we want `big` fish, we have to let `big` fish survive. Otherwise we`ll end up with our seas full of minnows? `Cos, thats what survives best.

Well, you`re not off my Christmas card list realy. Just thought I should state my point rapidly.

Paul.

PS. Since when did anyone get a Christmas card off me.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Synchrouk?

Take all the big fish out of the equasion. Then subsequent generations will be smaller? Carry that on a few generations and?.............................. .........

I haven`t got all the facts to hand. But the arguement works.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!