henry gilbey - fishing on the edge on sky

jabee

Did I see wrong just now, or, on the opening credits when various words relating to the series scroll across the screen, have they spelt NAMIBIA incorrectly - I'm sure it said NAMBIA!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jabee:

I saw the programe and that looked like some serious hard work :)

Not a critisism here, I am sure they know what they are doing, but I think that the sort of harness that Davy Holt uses would make life a lot easier on the arms, at least that way you get a bit of a rest.

Alan(nl)

Since posting the above I have managed to see a couple more of the fishing sessions and have enjoyed them. I would like to know if there are any videos available?

Cheers

Alan(nl)

[ 13. November 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• 2 weeks later...

Chippy:

Alan

I've definately seen some bass fishing vids in my local tackelshop.

Hi Chippy, glad its you :) I found the link,www.pmavideo.co.uk/forsalefish.php they are about £14 or 15 quid with postage :(

Did you see the Bass one on TV, I just have to come over to visit you next year for a LWE. I can bivvy up if there is a camp site near the water :cool:

Possibly a boat trip but for sure some beach/rock fishing.

2004 IS going to be my year of the BASS

Cheers

Alan(nl)

[ 13. November 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

I didn't, but I do know where they filmed it.....it's a tricky little reef that you have to wade across a small gully on a spring low tide to get too, about half a mile north of a breakwater on our east coast. In fact that's where I met Grant (from AN), although we didn't have much luck that day.

I can sort the boat trip too - a friend of mine (in fact he's now the proud owner of a A.Taylor disgorger) runs a charter boat out of town. Usually go for bream, but if the tides are right he heads off the sand banks along the west coast for bass, turbot and brill.

Of course, you'll have to be introduced to the mullet too

Chippy:

I can sort the boat trip too - a friend of mine (in fact he's now the proud owner of a A.Taylor disgorger) runs a charter boat out of town. Usually go for bream, but if the tides are right he heads off the sand banks along the west coast for bass, turbot and brill.

Of course, you'll have to be introduced to the mullet too

I have started saving and have a bit in my Jersey bank so it should be a good few days/week It will be nice to meet up with the Jersey and Gurnsey chapter of AN.

Cheers for now.

Alan(nl)

I don't think I will bother with the videos, too expensive.

Alan

Go to Veals website for the vids

Fishing with Henry, vol#1 (North Cornish Wrasse, Blue sharks and Wreck fishing) £11.99

Fishing with Henry, vol#2 (Species hunt, September mullet and It was this big!) £11.99

Fishing on the edge is £12.99 for each video (six in all available)

I've no connection with Veals other than as a many times satisfied customer!!!!!!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."