henry gilbey - fishing on the edge on sky

jabee

Funnily enough I'll be fishing out of Weymouth with Paul, 6th and 7th December, aboard, you've guessed it Flamer III!

May also now fish on the 5th too!

As for green bile? well, my last trip out!!!!!!!

This was from H.I,(bessie vee) it was rough and damn I was ill!

:D

Shads

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Folks.

I thought my ears have been burning lately.

Can`t imagine how I`ve missed these postings `till now.

Jabee. I don`t have any connection with Weymouth except that I like the fishing and have got to know a lot of the locals over the years.

Is Colin Penny my favourite skipper. No, he`s become a mate over the years. If he doesn`t hear from me for a while he panics and either phones or emails me to find out whats happening!! Besides, he does some wonderful 5 day trips to Dartmouth. I hate driving hundreds of miles for just the one day out, so extended trips are ideal.

I know all the Weymouth skippers and get on with them all except one, who`s a right miserable sod. He won`t even make a cup of tea for the crew.

It`s a pity `cos he`s got a lovely cat`, same boat as Paul Wittall and Roger Bayzand.

Jabee, you`re welcome to come along any time. But the only trip I`ve got booked this year is in a few weeks time with `Shads` and it`s fully booked.

Don`t you worry Davy, every skipper in Weymouth has seen pics of the fish I`ve caught with you. They made some of them misty eyed and recounted the days when skate were still to be caught out of the port before the commercials slaughtered them all.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Paul

Bear me in mind if you ever need to make up numbers or organise a trip - always willing to drive anywhere for decent fishing with decent people!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Decent people jaybee? Just goes to show you`ve never met me.

Isn`t life strange. Myself and Jim Roper have Ilchester Estates in common. I see from your profile the you live in Weston? I spent most of my childhood on a farm just outside Weston. Puxton and Whorle station was at the bottom of the garden.

Paul.

I`ll let you know what trips I`m planning next year in the west country. Feel free to come on any of them.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!