Mullet watch 2005

Guest sslatter

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind is turning from the South, rather than the typical SW bringing in the clouds. Seems so far this year we have seen more wind than normal ( no jokes please ).

Night time tempretures have been OK so I belive this coming weekend will see a result.

Andrew Boyd

I'll be out this weekend and giving it my all with temps coming up quite nicely all looks good! Its always cloudy here in the mornings and hot in the afternoons. Just itching to give it another go!

Only thing I am not looking forward to is the holiday makers. I am going to be handing out mullet leaflets this weekend to hopefully stop the same repetitive questions.

Maybe get a tieshirt with the following written on the back "These fish are called mullet I am using bread to catch them" "Please do not disturb"

Its ok when you get asked once but by the 100th time you start to get a little touchee.

'What are your fishing for?'

'Mullet'

'You can't catch mullet, their lips are too soft'

The next one to tell me that goes in!!

I stand well back from the edge, to avoid casting a shadow on the water, and let my float drift down toward the distant breadbag.

So, why do onlookers march up to the breadbag and look straight down at the float, and ask 'Caught anything yet?'

Grrrrrrrrr!

TL - leon

[ 26. May 2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I'm quite happy to see the "soft mouth" reputation continue and hope that no one notices the string holding the breadbag.

When they do . . .

Yep we've all been there !

Andrew Boyd

More comments you guys may relate to from people ignorant in the art of mullet fishing.

"your not going to eat those are you"

"there is hundreds down there mate!"

"their mackerell aren't they?

"whats that mashed up in that bucket"

"You need s##it on the hook to catch those mate"

Just a few smaples of what I have had already!

I am not bothered about what they say, on Chatham's Sun Pier I am happy if they dont start chucking shopping trolleys in, off the top deck.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I think, the piers like Sun Pier lower deck should be for just anglers.

Too many prats going down there and ruining a good day out for fellow anglers.

TL

Matt

Hia's All

went for my first mullet session today,proved unproductive for the thickies but got plagued by schoolies, to the annoyance of a chap fishing next to me with he's bucket of peelers has he never caught one bass all day. he even got more upset for some reason when i showed him what i was using as bait, he did'nt like the idea that good old mothers pride was out fishing he's expensive crabs, makes you wonder why people spend all this time and money these baits dont it?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly