Mullet watch 2005

Guest sslatter

aaaaaaaaaaar bless them my hart bleeds as i hope their fingers do shaking all those mullet out.,.,.,

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand everyone's impatience to start mullet fishing, I think it's best to take the pragmatic view, i.e.:

Mullet sightings and/or lip-marks in evidence - start fishing.

No sightings and/or no lip-marks - be patient.

They can be tricky enough when they're there, let alone when they might not be there!

I aree with Jim, there are no marks hear yet so I gess no mullet as experience has shown me,.,.,.,.,

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Things are looking good down here. I just popped down the local harbour to take a few photos:- Jersey Harbour

Whilst waiting for one of the exposures to finish, I spotted a shoal of 10 or so nice sized (3-4lb) mullet, I would guess thick lipped, cruising lazily around under the lights on the pier.

I think a couple of hours mulleting after work this week might be in order!!

• 4 weeks later...

Had my second mullet session of the year and what a session it was! I took 3 fish in a short 4 hour trip. The best was about 3/1/2lb and fought like hell. It Managed to get round a jetty pillar at one point and I was pulling about half a ton of weed with it. God knows how I managed to get the thing in. Broke my landing net as well. I missed loads of smashing bites and really should have had more. Good start to the season though I'm happy!

I have been beating the winter blues by doing some carp and pike fishing but nothing compares to the fighting power of the mullet. Got to be the most powerful fish pound for pound that I have ever come across both sea and freshwater!

there hjave been 2 mullet i know of out of the Medway.

First one on the 1st May on Gillingham Pier at 2 1/5lb thicklip. Fell to Andrew Boyd. Well Done! :)

Second from Sun Pier on the 4th May down at Sun Pier at 4lb6 oz thick.

TL

Matt

Hia's All