finaly got the wife fishing

chappers

Finally managed to get Luci fishing, we were spending a few days, at a wedding, on Block Island ,near Rhode Island. Managed to persuade her out on a four hour trip, with the promise of a lovely sunset.

Although I managed to boat 6 stiped bass upto 20lb, numerous blues and lost one at the net estimated to be a mid 40, she completely upstaged me with a stripper of bang on 31lb

Posted Image

Sorry about the picture quality, but not bad for only her second ever fish.

Her first was caught only half an hour before, a decent bluefish

Posted Image

These are the three fish we brought into port all the others were returned.

Posted Image

A most enjoyable few hours out when I didn't think I was going to squeeze any fishing in and Luci was pleased as punch and even hinted she might like to go again,

Not sure if I can persuade her onto the beach on a freezing December night yet though.

If any ones ever out that way Matt King of Hula Charters is a top skipper everyone sings his praises all over the island give it a go.

All the best

Gareth

chappers:

Finally managed to get Luci fishing, we were spending a few days, at a wedding, on Block Island ,near Rhode Island. Managed to persuade her out on a four hour trip, with the promise of a lovely sunset.

Although I managed to boat 6 stiped bass upto 20lb, numerous blues and lost one at the net estimated to be a mid 40, she completely upstaged me with a stripper of bang on 31lb

Posted Image

Sorry about the picture quality, but not bad for only her second ever fish.

Her first was caught only half an hour before, a decent bluefish

Posted Image

These are the three fish we brought into port all the others were returned.

Posted Image

A most enjoyable few hours out when I didn't think I was going to squeeze any fishing in and Luci was pleased as punch and even hinted she might like to go again,

Not sure if I can persuade her onto the beach on a freezing December night yet though.

If any ones ever out that way Matt King of Hula Charters is a top skipper everyone sings his praises all over the island give it a go.

All the best

Gareth

:cool: Don't you just hate it when they do that.

You rig them up, put on the bait, set the drag and, BANG, they get a bigger fish than you do. :D

Indeed it was exciting fishing though ,fishing with live green eels similar stylee to bassing over here with sandeels except you knew you were going to get a bite because just before your bait would go mental, then the clutch would scream as the fish stripped usually 30yards plus of line from the reel.

excellent sport tho and well done Luci

my daughter has upstaged me several times and i always end up forgiving her when i get the biggest squeeze and cuddle along with a "thanks dad that was brilliant" :D:D:D

its just around that point i get something in my eye and cant look her straight in the face :)

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Chappers, the occasional upstaging you can live with (even when its a 900 lb blue marlin )

However, there is another facet.

When the average bloke buys a new reel (like the odd Penn International II 50) he conceals the fact from his wife - and especially the price !!! - lest he get earache on wasting the family resources.

When I buy said reel, it is useless concealing the fact or the price (Norma knows too much about fishing) and I have to be resigned to the "Can I have one as well?" which of course doubles the outlay.

One upside - you can train your wife to fillet the fish on the boat - Norma is now much better at that than I am. :D

PS...and there's that lugworm spade hanging on the garage wall. Now I wonder if.........

[ 31. August 2005, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Great looking fish there Gareth, congratulations to the both of you :)

Tight lines (x2 )

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.