Limit to pier rods?

DJMCJERICO

I agree, but you can get some nice bass from peirs if you can put up with the noddies.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off to a bass mark on the outside of Bury Port harbour wall.

The mackeral bashers will be fishing the harbour side, shoulder to shoulder lobbing 4 to 6oz weights out, any fish they don't hook go away severely shell shocked. :D:D

Quite spectacular to watch, total chaos leads going in all directions, birdnest galore, snap offs that go miles. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

if thats the case Ken, once the mackeral bashers have gone it could be worth a bash the side they were fishing. I say this as the damaged mackeral and any guts and entrails throwen in could intise large bass to feed, aspeshally if its the hrbour side as I gess there is little tide to wash the entails way, but enought to give a scent trail. I would use live mackeral or very fresh head and guts. got to be worth a go mate.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Tend to only fish two rods. I find you, or should I say I, can not give any more rods the right amount of attention resulting in a increased incidence of deep hooking especially if sport is brisk. Also being a bit of a lump I find hauling my fat arse out of a deck chair to often hard work.managing that many rods up to six you say would stop being fun.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I also find it hard to give the right attention to two rods.

But sitting that far away as some of them were, theres no sport in it, apart from the long run when the bell goes off.

I saw one blokes hooklengh (who was using 3 rods) and he was using about 8 hooks, if he had done the same on all 3 rods, thats 24 baited hooks, Pier longlining anyone :confused:

I'm waiting to see someones rod get taken in :D

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

as I said I use one rod for catching live bait, and two to fish the live baits for bass. One I have caught enough live baits I bring the live bait rod in.

I find two rods is enough to be dealing with and if there are lots of fish about I only use one, when fishing from the shore I generally only use one and do try to hold it.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Just after winessing a guy this afternoon Mackerel fishing with one baited rod with 6 hooks whacked out with sprat bait and a beachcaster with 6 feathers! The Mackerel were in and he was catching at 1 point 8 - 12 every couple of minutes!

Where is the fun in that? :rolleyes:

At the same venue he could have fished his baited rod for Codling or Wrasse and spun for the Mackerel but, like many summer anglers, seemed to think filling a black bag with mackerel made him an expert!

Don't get me wrong I get a kick out of Mackerel fishing on light gear but surely there's a line to be drawn somewhere?

"Feathering" is banned on the Stone Pier at Weymouth. You still get the total knob who insists on swinging a set of 6 hooks, trying to do a pendulum cast on the crowded pier. It's OK this expert isn't feathering....they'll always tell you they're hokkais. They usually blank too, as floatfishing is *the* method off there.

i like catching loads on the beachs because when you get 3 or 4 on a beach rod its fun for me. i always put them back unless i am going to use them for bait and i occasionally take the big ones home for the pot.

i never bag all of the mackerel i catch unless i am actually going to use them all within a week or two.

always look on the bright side of life

***Simon***:

i like catching loads on the beachs because when you get 3 or 4 on a beach rod its fun for me. i always put them back unless i am going to use them for bait and i occasionally take the big ones home for the pot.

i never bag all of the mackerel i catch unless i am actually going to use them all within a week or two.

They are fun at times mate. I used to throw a lot back but after reading this thread I'll rethink my Mackerel fishing. This is something I didn't know until I posted the question - it opened my eyes!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...ic;f=2;t=005378

Don't get me wrong though - with the right tactics they can be great sport :)