multiplier reels

colin y

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big John 81 mc:

i lube mine with wd40 so they spin a bit, but thicker oil would make them more controlable if your still a bit unsure.

If you want to lube them for maximum performance (but only if they have magnetic controls or if you are really good with your thumb :D ), I suggest you might want to give a try with

Posted Image

Best protection and performance enhancement for reels I've ever found and I've been using multipliers for well over 40 years.

Both the grease and a lighter oil are available.

[ 23. November 2004, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Probably easier to get hold of for UK readers are TG's Rocket Fuels.

Red; A light oil, quite speedy, good for fishing reels.

Yellow; Very light and fast, mags required, tournament reels.

Tournament; Crazy bunny juice, reels run like demons, forget it for fishing.

[ 23. November 2004, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Socksy Squirrel ]

SS - good info to have. I wasn't sure either variety was readily available in the UK.

For pure performance enhancement (and we got TG's stuff too) I agree. LOL - I had to wash a reel I put the tourney juice on since it got out of control way too easy for me. I'll leave that one to the pros who fish 5-6 days a week and make 250-350 casts in a day's fishing. :D:D

Posted Image

I think the Quantum products are better for long-term protection though if folks don't want to lube a reel that often.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest jay_con

On the breaking front.can anyone honestly say that for the purpose of fishing magnetic brakes are a useful commodity?

The reason I ask is I have an Abu rocket, elite and mag elite. For fishing purposes they are all the same. The rocket seems a little better for casting but not much in it really.

for readers unfamiliar with Alvy's heres a chap with a large one bringing it off.please rescale to fit ,it seem to be a large file for a small pic :confused:

Posted Image

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I can now that my casting is pretty sorted. From 8 down to 2 so far on my 525 mags. This is normally dependent on wind strength and direction. Also, when I snag at distance and lose alot of line, I can reduce the breaking to compensate as there is more natural breaking. This means that I can maintain a decent distance.