Alderney trip `05.

spasor

I`m just sounding you all out.

I few of us had a chat with RobT about a trip to Alderney next year. Most probably early July.

I`ve already had interest in such a trip. But it will be at least a 3 day trip. Most probably 5.

It won`t be cheap. Look at £4-500 for boat and B&B. If the arabs keep putting the price of deisol up, maybe more.

But we need to book the boat soon. Otherwise rob might get booked by a load of `corporate winkers`?

Paul.

Of course, another Lymington weekend will be completely seperate. I`d better put my name down now!!

PS. I`ve asked RobT for a price, so don`t get scared off by my estimate. Just realise, it`s not my Weymouth freebie.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count Norma and myself in as well - sounds good.

We would need to know the dates ASAP in order to fit the rest of our summer plans around them.

Put us down for a repeat Lymington trip as well.

[ 25. August 2004, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

spasor:

I`m just sounding you all out.

I few of us had a chat with RobT about a trip to Alderney next year. Most probably early July.

I`ve already had interest in such a trip. But it will be at least a 3 day trip. Most probably 5.

It won`t be cheap. Look at £4-500 for boat and B&B. If the arabs keep putting the price of deisol up, maybe more.

But we need to book the boat soon. Otherwise rob might get booked by a load of `corporate winkers`?

Paul.

Of course, another Lymington weekend will be completely seperate. I`d better put my name down now!!

PS. I`ve asked RobT for a price, so don`t get scared off by my estimate. Just realise, it`s not my Weymouth freebie.

:cool: Before you all commit yourselves, there is a new charter boat on Alderney. Run by a good skipper he will organise flights and accommodation at a discount. The advantage of this is not just a cost saving, ie; no long run to get there and back but you are not weather dependant, no long run in a force 6 or can't get back because of the weather. I am using him for the NFSA Wessex champion of champions final in October and can give a full report on him and the boat after that. Not wishing to denigrate any other skipper but IMHO it's an option worth looking at. UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU DON'T LIKE FLYING :)

[ 25. August 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Norm B ]

....and believe me, flying to Alderney is some experience!!! To give you an idea, there is no aisle in the plane as it's so small, and turning the aircon on is a case of tapping the pilot on his shoulder and asking him to open his window!!!

Ps. website for the new boat:-

www.alderneyangling.co.gg

[ 25. August 2004, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Toerag ]

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Toerag:

....and believe me, flying to Alderney is some experience!!! To give you an idea, there is no aisle in the plane as it's so small, and turning the aircon on is a case of tapping the pilot on his shoulder and asking him to open his window!!!

Ps. website for the new boat:-

www.alderneyangling.co.gg

:cool: No inflight drinks or meals, but then it is only 45 minutes from takeoff to landing. Fly from Southamton, Bournemouth or Brighton(Shoreham), or with connecting flights from other areas. Read all about Norm's non-fishing trip in September's SAN. Plug, plug. :)

Flying into Alderney is not the problem its flying out where the runway is so short and they dive down off the clifftop to get up airspeed before setting off.Had to take the plane out once and even James Hunt who was on the flight looked as white as a maggot!!

John is going to arrange the trip when he gets back from Ireland, so Rob has informed me. But the boat is full!! Myself,John,Gareth,Dave,Norma and Norrie if he gets permission. Cost should be £364 for the boat, we arrange our own accomodation. Rob will give us details

We don`t use J`s anymore!!