Salt water flys 2nd generation

Snatcher

Posted Image

After a bit of comment from you salt water fluff chuckers out there.Room for improvement,new ideas. Think I have evolved the sandeels as far as they can go now.Just experimenting with different size eyes. As for the "gay brigade" just make up the pattern as I go along. Quite a few folk on the forum now have some in their possession so will hopefully get some feedback as to which pattern/colour is most effective. Will then standardise them a bit.I have been fly tying for 40 years but just started on salt water flies last year so any ideas from my peers will be gladly taken on board.

Will pop these in the post for you tomorrow Ryan. Go get em boy!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, What can i say they look fantastic!!! Ive already been caught, from the look of them the Bass will be swimming up the beach to get at em!! As already said i did get one last year on a fly but it was just an old white feather with a gold bead above it, if i could do it on that Im sure to have a little fun with your flies. I see you used one of the old Holderness Twin Points, looks like it could have made the job a little harder for you? Anyway a very big thank you, i know Ive stated things like this before but guys like you really are the salt of the earth wouldnt get this sort of help and advice from any other sport. Thanks John Regards Ryan.

Nee bother Ryan ,if i sober up enough will post them tomorow. Last tying fo about 7 days cos I AM COVEERD in epoxy resin and superglue - make it worthwhile mate - get a big one for snatcher! if you could post it on this thread and pick out the fly it would help in my experiment!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Just posted them off 1st class Ryan so you should get them tomorrow. Go catch us some big ones mate!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

John, I will do my very best to get a big un for you. Whats the best fish to date on a snatcher lure? I expect Newt has had a few big fish on the ones you have sent him? Thanks again for your time John. Regards Ryan.

--------------------------

Straight Powder and tight lines

Snatcher,,Hiya, saw your flies, amazing stuff ...and was there when you phoned.....I shouted Hello, but you were talking so didnt hear me.. :rolleyes: ..anyway, jus to let you know ...magic stuff....

BTW, Lee, ST's mate, had a fly made up for Porgies, looked just like a mackeral, tied with Peacock , looked superb... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Any chance you could get a picture of it posted up here Norrie. Might get some ideas for Ian Burretts "tope fly" I will be doing shortly.

Cheers

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Snatcher, you wont believe this, but on the Scrabster thread, ST has just posted a pic of it !!!!! The pic doesnt do it justice tho' it is amazing.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Just seen it Norrie. Will do one for Ian Burrett on his tope hooks.

In answer to your question Ryan the best I know of at the mo is a 7lb 12oz pollack caught by one of Ian Burretts chaps on the Mull of Galloway.When I was in Malta last October gave some large critters to my angling buddy out there and at least one finished up with a big game charter guy.Alex told me he caught a "large" tuna on it but do not know the actual size.

Tell you what Norrie will post up the pictures of the tope flies I knock up for Ian. It should be quite an interesting thread with hopefully a world record at the end of it!I have got the easy end of the bargain do you not think.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair