Crabs and Lobsters

Salar

Snatcher if you chuck in a pot don't forget to weigh it down ot it will just float also you will need a good length of rope and put it somewhere that nobody will see it or it will just get raided.

Talking of lobster I was given 5 lobsters and 17 eating crab of my mate who was coming in yesterday after doing his pots. I was going out fishing on the boat, so that was a nice start before I put a rod in the water.

Had LOBSTER SALAD AND CRAB SAUCE FOR TEA TONIGHT

yum! yum! :P:P:P:P:P Blackvelvet

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress I think,a pal of mine is going to donate a pot,Will be up the caravan this weekend so might get a chance to plumb the depth at the spot I was thinking of - Mull of Galloway,ardwell Back Bay - it narf gans plunging doon mind! Any ideas as to what type of rope to buy and where to get it? I live in Whitley Blackvelvet so I suppose North Shields fish quay must be an option.Daft question but how do you boil up a big muckle lobster in a teeny caravan - not that teeny actually.Any culinary tips on cooking the beasties would be most appreciated. Hope I will be yum yumming shortly!

Crabs - you swine Snatcher :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

WHAT !!!!BUY ROPE I swap my fish for things like that how come I managed 5 lobsters and 17 crab when the mackerel season is on I give him loads for his pots and in return I get those lovely blue things with nippers on lol lol

Stick them in a pan of boiling water bring back to the boil and boil for 5 minutes after that it is 5 minutes a lb. I don't time it I feel it but that's just me :D:D:D

Ask some of your mates for a bit of rope or washing line it's plastic coated you can always double it up, it's only for pulling it up.

My lobster salad was beautiful really beautiful :P:P Blackvelvet

Washing line it is bonny lass,so how many bricks to sink it? If I caught a lobbo to big for the pan could it be "dismantled" or cooked in the oven. Arn't blokes hopeless!

Crabs - you swine! Snatcher :)

ps how long does one boil a crab4?

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Salar.

Who needs a boat?

The arms of Brighton Marina are well fished year `round? But the local kids put baited crab nets down against a Vee shaped insert next to the piles. Of course the anglers think they`re trying for peelers? But you should hear the `Whoops` when a nice edible crab gets pulled up!

The little crabs don`t go to waste either.

The only thing I can see against putting a pot on your anchor rope, is the time it would take a crustacean to find the bait?

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Lobster and crab both - boil until they turn color to a sort of reddish. Doesn't take long either.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Pot nearly finished - hardwood base, plastic hoops, netted and all nicely bound. Next is to fit a door and the salvaged entrances. But do people really make a living making these things? Even if someone was working five times as fast as me, I cant see how you could make more than a few a day - yet they can be bought, retail, for under £40! You'd need hands like leather anyway.....(sore :( )

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

hi all

its worth remembering that both crab and lobster will continue cooking for some time in the shell after being removed from the pot. i cook smaller crab for 8 minutes and the largest crab/lobster for 15 minutes max. by the time its cooled enough to shell its done.

Salar,

The wee guy next door worked for almost a year at a company that makes them, the mess of his hands after his first week was unreal (ouch) - they soon hardened up though.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Went to the shops today and bought 2 plastic coated washing lines,25m and 30m,will join them together if ness to reach the bottom. If they do not reach will hire a bathescope! Ok you 10th dan lobster men what is the legal length for keeping a lobster in Scotland and they are measured from where to where? Also what is the tastiest size to keep and I suppose the big ones will be breeding stock so at what size should they be returned?

Backvelvet what is the crack for making crab sauce and any other tips on the cooking?

Crabs - you swine! Snatcher :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair