Bait aprons/pouches

Stretpegger

I normally use the John Wilson Bait pouch which has two seperate pockets. These are quite deep which means you can easily hold two pints of maggots as well as a fair amount of tackle, hooks, shot etc. It is designed for round the waist though and not to good for wading.

For wading I use the Double T bait pouch which includes a removalable bag for cleaning and is worn around the neck. Again two pockets which enables a modicum of tackle to be carried.

Rog

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For wading I use the Double T bait pouch which includes a removalable bag for cleaning and is worn around the neck. Again two pockets which enables a modicum of tackle to be carried.

Rog

That sounds good, have you got a link to them Rog ?

As far as I am aware Double T stuff is no longer available I use an ESP bait/boilie pouch it's a bit like an up market bum bag with a detachable liner you can wear it around the waist for those of us that still have one!! or hang it round your neck it works well either way

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

That sounds good, have you got a link to them Rog ?

Tigger,

I bought mine from Trefor West. If you send them an Email asking for a catalogue Trefor or his Wife will send you one as a PDF file.

Email: whackedit@west2244.freeserve.co.uk

Tel: 024 7645 4181

I don't know whether they are still trading but I'm lead to believe the gear was made by Cotswold Aquarius though.

Hope you're lucky as they are a very useful bit of kit.

Rog

I'm also after an apron or pouch, the bagged maggots in coat pocket works at a pinch, but is far from ideal! I've found the SHAKESPEARE QUBA WAIST APRON on my searches for those that prefer a pouch over an apron.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the quba apron had mesh bottom that the maggots can get through

I'm sure I read somewhere that the quba apron had mesh bottom that the maggots can get through

That is correct.......useful for drip feeding if you are wading,but a pain if you are on the bank. I have lined mine with a container from "Finish" dishwasher tablets......the ones with the blue lid tuck in fairly well,but it's not a complete answer because pinkies can still sneak out.

As with most things for fishing they seem to carry a rather large premium.

This is what i use, it has two good front patch pockets ideal for bait.

I cut the length to suit, or leave long for wiping your hands and then dye to a nice dark green, they are cheap enough to buy a few and keep some for spares.

http://www.fwb.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm?...oductid=817NXDP

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I just use my nail pouch from work, lets see i think I'll put maggots in it today. Cant remember the last time it had nails in it. :)

Yes i know what you mean, the only thing i found using those was that being made of sue-do leather/suade they were very tough and hard to obtain the maggots without damage.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I bought a bait-apron, folding ground-bait mixing bowl and catapult made by 'Aiken' as a kit. I don't think it cost me more than a fiver or so. The apron is adjustable to fit skinny wretches like me and fat barrels too. There are several handy pockets and the bait pouch has a tear-off velcro flap for keeping the rain out of your maggots. I'd have a look for one of them. Mine has been ideal and it's been in use for years now but I'm certain they can still be bought.

If that one can't be found, I've looked and there are loads of nice aprons for sale on various sites. The Team Daiwa apron looks quite handy.

I also thought, would a 'bum-bag' be no use as a waistline bait device for wading etc.??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...