Burnmouth, near Eyemouth

Old Sarah

Hello Sarah I only said if.

Sunny day today with big tides, would have gone fishing but being an ISP I do have to work sometimes and today I was trying to sort out a problem with AOL (Nothing un-usual there then) and then I had to listen to Chelsea WINNING the League Cup (I think it's called something else now).

It will soon be light enough to go rock fishing in the evenings and I will think about you when I watch the sun go down at 11.15.

Bob

PS I was only in Burnmouth for a few hours but liked it a lot, typical east coast harbour.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bunmouth is ok ,if you get time goto coldingham bay good rock fishing at bothends of bay small bay to right of main bay as you look seaward short hilly coastal walk to get there watch out for divers very popular area for them from st abbs head to eyemouth good veriety of fish inc blue shark in summer if wether hot enough.some freshwater trout fishingin coldingham loch.

good luck

pete..

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 1 month later...

The skipper is called Alastair, the boat the Village Belle. I have a contact number if anyone wants it.

I'm from the Midlands, but regularly stay in Burnmouth during the summer. I've fished the harbour countless times, and been out in boats now and again, but would like to try to take up shore fishing in the area. I was hoping somebody might give me some tips on tackle/marks/techniques, if you don't mind. I've walked to Eyemouth a fair few times, and there seems to be some deep water on the way when the tide's in, but I've never once seen anyone fishing, other than right by Eyemouth or in the harbour at Burnmouth.

Snatcher - you mention a mark by a small shingle cove - there's several of those near the golf course. How small? As far South as Hurkur's or nearer Eyemouth?

Any conversation on fishing the area would be gratefully received.

Andy

PS Sarah - did you go with the cottage? If so, which one? An uncle owns one of them

dachshund,

no decision made on the cottage as yet. This is the normal routine with my husband. He suggests an area, I do all the research re houses, countryside etc then he suggests another area. The latest one is Devon. In a week or two we should have a shortlist of accom. scattered around the country. Anything not followed up is kept on file for future use!

• 2 months later...

Snatcher:

There is a good mark at the south end of Eyemouth caravan park. Find the small shingle cove,its a bit of a scramble down,and fish to the left hand side where the long narrow gulley is. Can produce a lot of coalfish and pollack. My good lady caught a 4lb pollack there. She is always getting the photo out when I blank!

I'm off on Saturday, and am intrigued by this cove. Would this be Hurkur's, does anyone know, or nearer Eyemouth? There's a few coves along there, may have to try em all

Dachshund - as you approach the caravan park from Eyemouth village take the cliff path. There used to be an old cannon on the cliff top and the cove I am on about is the first one you come to. Look to the left there is a long narrow gulley that used to fish very well at high water.

If you get there low water head off to the rock tables on the right. Spinning for coalfish,pollack and the occasional seatrout.

The rock marks off the golf course can produce big fish and the occasional rock cod

Tight lines

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Looking forward to your report mate

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Just to follow up on Snatchers last thread, I was down at Eyemouth yesterday, went down the cliff path to the left of the cannons pretty hairy going for an old git like me !! set up rod and chucked out bait...was getting some good bites but swell/waves were snagging me up quite a bit....since been told that you are better fishing this mark on a calm day ? probably right because I nearly got bloody drowned from a big roller that came in when I wasnae lookin :(

thought to meself ok ya silly bugger time to head up...headed further round the cliff to a nice rocky outcrop and set up again, manged to get some nice codling best was about 3lb

hope this helps

John