Burnmouth, near Eyemouth

Old Sarah

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fished eyemouth a couple of times and back of caravan park at berwick some lovely looking ground and kelp beds but not much success.

from berwick up you never seem to hear much about it.

im sure there must be plenty of red cod and pollack but its finding them.

st abbs good for pollack.

There are loads of rock marks around that area - codling, pollock, wrasse and small coalies.

Lure fishing for pollock can be quite productive - Hairy ness or the golf course marks at Eyemouth. Small bass and mullet can be taken at Torness which is about 20mins Drive west.

Haven't personally had much success at Burnmouth - but others I know have - around the harbour area. There is a charter boat that runs from Burnmouth or there are several that are out of Eyemouth ( if you fancied a bit of boat fishing ).

There is a good mark at the south end of Eyemouth caravan park. Find the small shingle cove,its a bit of a scramble down,and fish to the left hand side where the long narrow gulley is. Can produce a lot of coalfish and pollack. My good lady caught a 4lb pollack there. She is always getting the photo out when I blank!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thanks for the advice lads. I'll put it on file. KennyC do you know the contact details of the charter boat from Burnmouth. Only been boat fishing once and after dosing myself with sea sick tabs loved every second especially as I caught the biggest fish of the day. A Pollock abt 11 lbs if I remember correcctly!!

Maximo - the East Lothian marks in winter really need a NE/Easterlie to fish - summer is quite different...gin clear water and BIG peeler baits!!

Sarah....I've been on 7 trips over winter with the skipper....all cancelled, due to weather - never met the bloke but nicknamed him "the Olympic torch"....never goes out :) - sorry that's a bit unfair as I'm sure he's a genuine guy - i'll find his details and let you know :)

Not quite an answer to your question.

18 years ago I went to Burnmouth to look at buying a 30ft creel boat advertised as "Good condition". We set out and had only just cleared the harbour when the steering packed in. Within a few more minutes the engine stopped. We finally got back to the harbour and I thanked him for the trial run and headed up to Eyemouth where I bought a very nice ex charter boat. Sold it a at nice profit some years later.

One thing I do remember about Burnmouth was it looked very fishy and if I ever leave Stronsay I could look at houses around there.

Bob

Why on earth would you ever want to leave Stronsay. I know we "southeners " have an idealised view of the more remote areas of Britain BUT as I sit here at the computer, the sun is shining, the snow is still on the hills but going fast from the garden and I leap up to close the window, shut out the bird song AND the lad next door practicing his drums yet again. It wouldn't be too bad if he could play them well!!

A bit of peace and quiet, no traffic noise etc. Doesn't matter if its throwing it down and the wind is howling round the house.

That's my rant for the week. I'm off sick with sinusitis and inner ear problems and going stir crazy!!