How do you catch launce?

Salar

Dreaming of Summer fishing....The best bass being brought back into our marina seem to be caught with launce (greater sandeel). I've heard you can catch launce on mini feathers like mackeral, but where do you fish for them? What time of year do they appear? (South coast IoW). Inshore or offshore? Banks or reefs? Deep or shallow? Day or night? I've been searching the web and all I can find is how to use them not how to catch 'em. Thanks in advance.... :confused:

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

6 years ago we had a charter boat out of Southwold Suffolk. Departed 6am into the North Sea, where went I don’t know but the skipper took us to the right point for Launce.

Shrimp Rigs were the things to us; we were pulling them in as if they were going out of fashion. They were put into one of those Big Blue Plastic Barrels with sea water pumped through.

Later in the day, off the sand banks, we were pulling Bass up to 7 and 8lb.

I’ve used live sandeel on the Portland Race and Launce has the same effect on Bass.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

We catch lesser and greater sandeels in the E. Solent (Hants) on the mini shrimp rigs ....

mostly over the skatey banks off Witterings and Selsey ....

had big Launce on normal feathers at Chichester Harbour entrance .....

H.A.:

We catch lesser and greater sandeels in the E. Solent (Hants) on the mini shrimp rigs ....

mostly over the skatey banks off Witterings and Selsey ....

had big Launce on normal feathers at Chichester Harbour entrance .....

If I could tempt you away from your other distraction at weekends you could show me

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Salar:

Dreaming of Summer fishing....The best bass being brought back into our marina seem to be caught with launce (greater sandeel).

Just incase you can't catch any live bait you could try our very own ChrisP at

http://cfishlures.mysite.freeserve.com/

He says he uses them to great effect if the Bass are not going after sandeels or if they are not about.

I will be taking a few to Lymington with me and bringing a few home :D

Cheers

Alan(NL)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I get them in the net along with the ordinary sandeel. There is only one place that I know of that you can rely on to catch them on the mini shrimp rigs. The water is about 120 feet deep and there is a reef that rises to 30 feet in a very fast current. There are always launce there, they are caught between 60 feet and the top of the bank and down to the 60 feet mark again.

Hope this helps.

chris parker:

I get them in the net along with the ordinary sandeel.

Chris, if you have any Launce to spare at the end of my visit to you could I take some down to Lymington with me? I will have to sort out a container and pump but that should not be a problem.

Cheers

Alan

chris parker:

No problem Alan, don't tell anyone but I have a method for keeping them alive for at least 24 hours without pumps etc.

Nice one Chris, why don't you put the link to your lures in your signature? I did it with my disgorgers and it helped.

What a week we are going to have :cool:

Alan(nl)