online tackle shops?

Phil Adams

*Anthony*:

Leslies are very good.

I was going to say Leslies on all my mail orders in the past five years :) but my last mail order still haven't come yet after three weeks :(:( now. I have sent an emails to see what is going on but still waiting for a reply :(

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Do you happen to know if Leslies send the goods off the shelf or do they send direct from either the manufacturer or warehouse?

I personaly dont like getting goods (rods) that have been on the shelf, I like them from stock, but Ive no idea if leslies sell them off the peg or from store.

[ 11. December 2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Phil Adams ]

It always off the shelf and sometimes when the big batch of tackle from the manufacturer arrive at the shop. The items are pass on to the shelf or on to the mail order section.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I bought my last rod from Birds tackle and bought it on line. A couple of guys in the forum were not impressed with Bird's previous performance. Had an E-mail next day to say the rod was out of stock so would be sent direct from manufacturer. Rod duly arrived next day. kept informed all the time, great rod and a good price.

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

NWAC is a good site have spent over £100 in last

3 months and prices and service is very good.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Tackle shops on the web? Why use them? Go to your local tackle shop and give them your custom. I know that, short term, you may pay a couple of quid more but without the big ticket sales your local shop could cease trading!

Where then to go when you want a packet of hooks and 2 pints of maggots for a trip this afternoon?

The web? I don’t think so.

Peter.

I did, I went into Leslies last night and got myself a new rod and reel (impulse buying at its bestest) I also got some good advice and a nice chat.

BTW, the rod I bought in Leslies did not come off the shelf, I was given an untouched packaged rod from stock; which is always nice.

I buy from websites etc simply due to it being easy. I dont always have the time for going out and "shopping" for the things I want. The only exception is when Im buying something that realy needs to be tried before purchase; i.e high end electrical equipment (HiFi, HT), cars etc.

I take your point about supporting local business and aggree with it, to a point; but at the end of the day its horses for courses.

Phil

[ 14. December 2004, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Phil Adams ]