Guess the barbel invention ..

GlennB

Dear Rolling,

I believe theres still some limited edition copies left so I'd email Steve to reserve a copy if I were you.

1st limited editions always make a great deal of money especially if the number are below 100 copies.

But hey! Limited editions aside, the book is a pure must for any barbel angler as its cram packed from front to back with barbel fishing how to do hints and tips from the master himself. A cracking read and must have addition for any barbel anglers bookshelf.

In sheer practical terms, this book will mirror carp angling's Carp Fever as being barbel angling's bible for how to do.

So if your a novice to the world of barbel fishing, this book's the kiddy.

Regards,

Lee.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that wot it says on the back of the book...or is that just the way you talk?? You really want us to buy this book don't you...well does anyone want to buy my book?

Its called "Pigeon Paradise" Its all about how to improve your catches of gay pigeons with nothing more than a kebab skewer, some masking tape and some bread. Its an absolutly thrilling read. Full of excellent tips and advice for all you keen pigeoners as well as an insight as to why some pigeons choose to become homosexual. We also include a free skewer if you pay before the 24th of April so hurry while stocks last!! RRP £5.99

yawwwwnnnnnnnnn did you know lee's bought a first edition of the bleeding book for his lad and a leather bound one for himself? not sure where i heard about it, but i'm sure you're all so so interested

is it in the top ten most sort after fishing books like that other barbel book

[ 13. April 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

quote:

1st limited editions always make a great deal of money especially if the number are below 100 copies.
It does depend on who the author is and credibility plus the content.

quote:

So if your a novice to the world of barbel fishing, this book's the kiddy.
So, is it aimed at anglers who havn't caught barbel.. and not the average/seasoned guy who knows the rigs /baits etc already?

Are we buying something that we know about and has been done before in other books!

Dear Ray,

How are you tonight?

The book is actually for all levels of barbel fishing experience as it contains just about everything on barbel fishing techniques. But with the tremendous rise in barbel fishing popularity I thought I'd mention it was a brilliant buy for the beginner barbel fisher as it contains a wealth of easy to understand hints and tips for the beginer as well.

It’s probably the best all round book on barbel fishing one could buy. Worth every penny.

Steve’s other books are already selling for more than they originally sold for. He’s fast becoming a sought after barbel fishing writer because he "thinks" a great deal about his fishing.

I have little doubt that his latest book will become very sought after and the leather bound limited editions will definitely be a sound investment.

So don't miss out guys and galls. Get a copy whilst you still can.

I believe that Steve is going to the BS Yorkshire meeting next Thursday and "might" have a copy or two along? So take yer wallets!!

Word has it; I might be going as well. As a BS member? Oooooooooooooooowwwwww!!!!!!

Guess the barbel invention? Come on then?

Does it have something to do with empty film cases? Plastercene? Tramps vests?

Or a pretty good idea that's going to fool a fair few fish?

Regards,

Lee.

trent.barbeler:

I have little doubt that his latest book will become very sought after and the leather bound limited editions will definitely be a sound investment.

Spot the man who has bought 10 copies of the leather-bound limited edition ...

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

i dont think anyones anti the book itself, its just good fun winding lee up, he does seem a little bit too evangelical about it for me....

soon as the book arrives matt, i expect all the info

Dear Matt,

Do you Really want my honest opinion? OK here it is.

It’s not "that" often when a book comes out on barbel fishing where I'm "that" impressed. OK I admit I buy them all, because I collect angling books. But Steve Stayner is the exception because his books are aimed at what a fishing book "should" be about. Namely learning about catching a few more fish in ways that are very easy to understand and explicit. They are packed full of information.

I'm actually getting now't for singing this new books praises. Nothing. I bang on about his book simply because I happen to think it’s rather good. I actually do the same for Irish whiskey and Guinness and get not one sniff of their produce or profits for doing the same either!

Is there something gone quite wrong in a world where one is "assumed" at having an ulterior motive for giving an "honest" opinion about something? Good is good and very good deserves to receive some positive backing from time to time surely? Life is never about money or giving only to receive.

I certainly don't mind the wind up's as I undertake a fair few of those myself and it’s what makes the Anglers Net community stand head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion. It’s why so many anglers come to Anglers Net because its a site full of characters and a site full of useful angling information.

Anti the book? Not quite the impression I'm getting seeing as they are flying out of Steve’s door like Mary Poppins is licking the stamps!!

In my honest opinion, this book is the best yet written on barbel fishing.

Regards,

Lee.