Can I Sell My Fish

sam-cox

Chesters1

"i blame all governments"

What do you blame them 4 - no crappy polatics please!! This is fun site - not a boring polical site.....

12lb fish - you are a dreamer..... there eyes weigh possibly 1/2 gr - thats a lot to a lb - i know...... say approx 896!!!!

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try lighting a good fire - I always do on the beach - solves loads of problems:

1) The cold

2) A companion when no fish to talk to!

3) A nice light

4) Cooker

5) Water heater

6) Instant barbie for fish eyes!!!!!!!

that's ok if you aren't having to cover nearly a mile of beach when the tide goes in/out!

often thought about it on the rocks though, i would assume you let the local coastguard station you are doing it though incase of someone phoning them saying that you needed help?

You got it sussed there MainBassMan--is it true that fish eyes are a afro-dizzyack???

If they are then I might just start removing them from the whitings prior to cooking.

Coastguard - Why should they care about a fire contained in a 15" steel wok - hardly visible from any distance!!!

Th wok stops direct heat though to the stones so stops exploding stones - Fishing advice for Chesil beach men!!!!

chesters1:

they can and do ,not so much over here nowadays but readily available in most countries as with most other freshwater fish.

quote:

Though you will find reference to it being illegal to sell fish caught from an unlicensed powered vessel.
what is a powered vessel ? a sailing boat using the wind as a form of power or a boat using an engine as power ,remembering sailing boats also use engines :confused: is it the sole form of propulsion thats cosidered ,are those brown sailed fishing boats exempted from legislation and free to sell whatever theve caught :confused:
:cool: As I understand it, after talks with the old MAFF, you do NOT need a license to catch and sell fish caught from the shore or a boat powered by oars or sail. As long as you abide by byelaws as to mesh sizes close seasons etc it is perfectly legal for you to row or sail your boat, set gill nets, long lines or trawl. You may then sell or barter your catch as long as the fish are of a legal size and not a banned species, ie bass from a nursery area etc. That's the basis of Magna Carta. It's only when you use a motor that it becomes complicated or illegal to catch and sell your fish. I once reported 2 guys who regularly used to set a net across a local creek then jump into the water about half a mile from the net and swim towards it, splashing like mad. They were emptying the creek of bass and mullet but MAFF said it was legal. I don't even phone the Southern SFC now as they don't even turn up when you phone as they don't have anyone or a boat available. :mad:

Remember, any money made from shore-caught fish sold has to be declared to the taxman!!

What I find hard to believe is that the punters who go on charter boats that come back from wrecking with 1000lb+ of fish don't sell their fish. Yeah right, have you ever tried getting rid of 100lb+ of pollack? No-one wants it! Especially after the last time they took 30lb off you and most of it's still in their freezer!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com