One for philosophical debate

five bellies

Does he deserve to be murdered?

Will murdering him actually improve things?

Do we have the authority to make the call?

Simple as that, really. If you think the answer to all three is "yes", then fine, but do remember that there are Muslims who just as honestly and sincerely believe that our politicians deserve death for what they have done in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you think that we have the authority, you must concede that so do they. Consider the law of unintended consequences and the effect of power vacuum - are we willing to commit our soldier's lives to keep the peace, potentially for decades after?

Maybe it would be the right thing to do. I don't know. I don't feel qualified to take that decision.

I think Steve you have just condensed the essence of what I was trying to convey quite nicely!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KILL EM ALL LET GOD SORT EM OUT AFTERWORDS

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I think Steve you have just condensed the essence of what I was trying to convey quite nicely!

It's a shame this subject is being discussed on two threads, it gets complicated. Well for me it does. :o

Quite right Steve, FB.

What is the saying "Fail to learn from History and suffer the same fate."

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

It's a shame this subject is being discussed on two threads, it gets complicated. Well for me it does. :o

Quite right Steve, FB.

What is the saying "Fail to learn from History and suffer the same fate."

I think the confusion Is down to me Huge I opend this thread to keep klienies one on track then Carried on posting On both!

Sorry :huh:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I think the confusion Is down to me Huge I opend this thread to keep klienies one on track then Carried on posting On both!

Sorry :huh:

No apology required, teddy is still in the pram. ;)

I've been posting on both as well. :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."