One for philosophical debate

five bellies

A post from Kleinboet made me consider this!

Could the actions of a forgien Leader ever be so reprehensable that Assasination be Justified from the wests (and wider worlds) piont of View?

I say No! that is Where Anarcy Lies although its hard to stick to your morals in the light of the Sudanise and Zimbarbwian situations, another reason is It could wwell be a two way door, that would be opend.

What do you folks think?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the actions of a forgien Leader ever be so reprehensable that Assasination be Justified from the wests (and wider worlds) piont of View?

I say No! that is Where Anarcy Lies although its hard to stick to your morals in the light of the Sudanise and Zimbarbwian situations, another reason is It could wwell be a two way door, that would be opend.

What do you folks think?

Does your two way door mean that someone might come and have a pop at Gordon Brown?

Hmmm, worth a thought :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

What do you folks think?

I suppose taking a broader view one could say Saddam was assassinated, he was caught and handed over to a system where the death penalty was a for gone conclusion.

One has to decide if it was justifiable or not, if you were a relative one of the 2,000,000 people who was killed I guess your answer would almost certainly be yes.

It could be stated that if it saved lives some where like Zimbabwe it again would have a certain justification.

However it did not solve the problem in Iraq and it may not solve the problem in Zimbabwe, it will always be a case of try it and see.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I have a vauge recolection that the USA actualy rewrote some of its forgien Policey law when George W Came to power to make the killing (assasination) of Beligerent heads of state a legitimate tool for regime Change,

I dont believe Mugarbee being Topped as Klienie suggested would Make a huge difference He has a wealth of Leftenants happy to back fill the viod he would leave.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I have a vauge recolection that the USA actualy rewrote some of its forgien Policey law when George W Came to power to make the killing (assasination) of Beligerent heads of state a legitimate tool for regime Change,

I dont believe Mugarbee being Topped as Klienie suggested would Make a huge difference He has a wealth of Leftenants happy to back fill the viod he would leave.

I agree you would have to top them all :laugh:

Mind you it is often the case that those sitting in the back ground supporting some one like him do so out of fear and that could well be the case.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

openly probably not but its not hard to have someone bumped of if the rewards worth it .thats what the army is for if we do it the "clean" way and invade

state assassination is i expect used commonly ,"accidents" happen ;) people "disappear" all the time .250 thou disappear in britain every year not all pop up again ;)

mugabe must be a very easy target but i guess theres a reason we dont want him dead just because he's a monster is little reason today! no oil ya see.

isreal is a master of it and mossad openly kill people some are found hanging under bridges very close to home :rolleyes: some are just blown to bits by missiles going to the shops.

ofcourse it can also be indirect ,getting an agent or two within an enemy organisation and arranging for a few of your own people to be killed gets sympathy for their masters when they get even ,i expect isreal has many agents within the palestinian and arab "organisations" probably high up and arranging hits on the isrealies ( the masses have always been expendable to the power hungry) because when they hit back i find its strange they know exactly where when and which car to hit to get whoever their after.making the opposite side look like the badguys is a well known way of hiding your own errr bad side ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Does your two way door mean that someone might come and have a pop at Gordon Brown?

There is a precedent. A former British PM (Perceval) was shot by someone who had become bankrupt and thought Percival's fiscal policies were responsible.

Assassination seems to be a feature of "developed" or "developing" countries rather than Darkest Africa.

FOUR US Presidents have been assassinated whilst in office, and I've lost count of European and Latin American leaders that met their end that way.

Once read a sci-fi story about how a culture ensured good government - the cabinet were each and all required to carry a bomb strapped to their chests, which could be detonated by mobile phone by anyone pi**ed off by the government. The appropriate number was widely advertised.

Sounds a good idea......

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hi FB!

The reason I say it because of the fiasco they had with "elections". Mugabe has single handedly ruined a country I used to love to visit. His RACIST attitude toward any white person, caused one of the bread baskets of Africa turn into a country wracked with poverty and disease.

Now when the rest of the world WANTS to to help - Mugabe refuses them permission because they are WHITE!!!

They HAVE a new president. Give him a chance - get rid of Mugabe!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Chesters I reckon that everyone in the world except you must be up to their neck in some kind of clandestine conspiracy or other.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Assasination did cross my mind when Joerg Haider died recently.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.