What reel

underwaterimage

Afternoon all, im hearing from a few people that i should get a multiplier reel for shore fishing. So before i start to trawl ebay, any makes / models you lot recommend me to look out for or avoid.

Cheers

Sean (knows nowt about fishing) Clark

[ 15. November 2004, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: underwaterimage ]

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

Sean, What type of ground are you going to be fishing, as that will dictate the type and size of reel you are after, Personally, on clean ground I use a Daiwa 7ht, on rougher ground a Daiwa Slosh 20, and on Very rough stuff an Abu 10000, the old type, not that new stuff.....hope that will be of some help, but you will get some chaps that swear by Penn, but I've never had a try of one, so wont comment.....oh!! BTW, welcome to AN. :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

lots of people will give advice re this topic slosh 20/30(daiwa) and penn 525gs/mag will be among the contenders.

Depends on budget

I recently bought an Okuma 202C pro classic and a 300C classic new in a deal from mikestackle(Edinburgh) for less than 48 squids for the pair (5 yr warranty) new slosh/525 approx high 70's low 80's.If I don't get on with them for shore then may go back to F/S and keep for boat work

Something about the sound of a multiplier whizzing off line wants me to stick in though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

first few casts yeserday were promising with my new penn villan 13' rod (early christmas presents)

In years to come may upgrade to more expensive models if I out grow okumas

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Onclean ground I use an pair of abu 6500 elite's, they do require a fair bit of maintenaince, but are great for casting, and solid. Slightly rougher i go for the penn 525 mag, rougher again it's the penn 535. I find the penn's easier to use than the slosh down to the angled gear housing. Other than that theres not a lot between them. big power handles on the penn's are also a puls point.