Chumin it!

Blue Marlin

Resurecting this thread for discussion purposes.

Have a look at Salar's thread on the Sea Fishing Reports section.

Might be of interest to some and better discussed in this section.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...0335;p=1#000004

[ 04. February 2005, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Huge_Vitae ]

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the burlybomb work exactly? :confused:

I can see you fill it up :D do you cast it with your bait, sliding rig, just trying to guess :D

Certainly looks interesting.

I know the stock problem all to well, you would like to try out 100 but they want you to have a container full :mad:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Like I said Ken, early days yet still a bit of playing to do and a bit of design changes for our different conditions.

It is a bit too big to cast with IMO. But there is the potential to use it for such.

It is mainly for fishing from Boats, Piers, jetties and the like.

Anybody wants me to email them more details please PM or email me. (If I dont reply then please post here because I am having REAL FRIGGING problems with BT and their wizard new FREE anti spam software which has reduced my emails from 20-30 a day (and yes maybee 25-30% spam) To ZERO emails a day, but I suppose that is ZERO spam :mad: :mad: :mad:

To give you a better idea of size, try this....

Posted Image

She looks about a 30B to me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I keep looking at the bit of braid on her left thigh..........

Only for scientific reasons of course, just wondering how the breaking strain of the braid compares to the breaking strain of the Bikini bottom

OK, here's the report on Huge_Vitae's chum dropper. I noticed he got here before me with the photo of the lady instructor. (Not essential but a surprising number of people sign up for the hands-on training course). But back to a cold February report....

Huge_Vitae asked me to try his Berley Bomb from Oz. It looks like a very large vibrator, weighted at the bottom with an ingeneous side flap and fixing points. You can add weight - inside, or as I did, by tying a link swivel to the bottom and attaching a 1lb weight to it. What you do is tie a line to it and there are holes that cause the flap to stay shut or jerk open according to how you drop it. You can use a handline, but I used an old 50lb class rod/reel which worked a treat. You fill the body of the bomb with whatever you like. I used chopped up squid and halibut oil pellets (carpers use them). You lower the bomb to the depth you want - in the UK this probably means the bottom, and a swift upwards jerk opens the flap and releases the contents. You might think this will just wash downtide, but I don't think so. If you drop right on the seabed, the stuff gets caught in weed, rock, shell and crevices and washes out gradually. The great thing is, you can rebait regularly and keep feeding with fresh juicy stuff to keep the flow going. I know you can't tell much from a survey of one, but I caught whiting only from the side of the boat I was chumming from, and one doggy from the other side. The whiting had come up the chum trail as they were stuffed with little tell-tale squares of squid. A web search for burley or berley will give Oz recipes for sea chum. One of these contained 50% chicken pellets which I'll try - I keep chickens and at about £5 for 20Kg thats cheap stuff! As the other posts say - great for bream, but I also think in places with less tide it would hold baitfish in an area which may bring the bass in. You could also use it from piers or rocks if fishing close in. As they say, so far, so good and I'll definately be using it again.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

hoping to do my second test run at the weekend Salar....

Are you out at all?

Wind will ease Sunday, may go out for the morning. Early start though! Might try Stokes Bay, my diary reminds me I had cod there last February.

Salar:

Wind will ease Sunday, may go out for the morning. Early start though! Might try Stokes Bay, my diary reminds me I had cod there last February.

And the YEAR was.................

Last year, yes, 2004, 12 months ago, I had cod from Stokes bay, Nab and Cuba. Steve of "Bumble" came back from a Channel wreck with a huge haul of pollack in the same February so all things are possible. Don't give up yet!